what happened to NYCD?

• Thread starter alligator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alligator

alligator

Refering specificly to Soma's ruby red grapfruit NYCD cut.
(Not the mandrin cut or other phenos- The original ruby red cut).

One of the best- if not THE best- tasting strains ever (with a great high to boot), but.. it seems to have vanished.
I'd trade every strain i have to get that cut!

The campire tale:
From what i remember, Soma gave his strains(including this one) to a friend for safe keeping. Apparently said friend passed it to someone else & thats how it got out.
Later soma lost everything, but rumor is he got this one back from one of the people holding it.

But i can't find any mention of it online or offline, and no one has bred with it in years. I remember OJD(from cannaseur seeds) putting the word out trying to find it but settling on using the mandrin cut.

Which begs the question... Is it extinct?

deacon1503

deacon1503

I remember a few years ago seeing seed packs of Somas NYCD available online, but I can't attest to which pheno they were of.

I've grown it in UC and in coco and it's a great strain all around for the grower and the patient.

I got a pack off thcbay a while back with Somas NYCD as the mom and Tom Hills Deep Chunk as the dad. The progeny New York Chunk is many forms of tasty.

Good luck in your search of the Ruby Red!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Go to www.seedfinder.eu and look for red diesel from golden seed breeder ( never heard of them personally) but there disc say's

" red diesel is super top notch was bred to increase the yield and potency of NYCD "

215 User

215 User

I love it too!

Gonna check out "Private Hippy Stash" this winter & search for that taste/high...
OJD says it's from the original release so nothing to lose & all to gain especially with the OG Chem aka MotorBreath dad.

click80

click80

I purchased a few NYCD clones from a dispensary and they do not really resemble the pictures I have seen of other NYCD. Mine also gets purple near harvest. Amazing fuel smell with floral overtones. Great yield, actually fantastic yield and nice large dense nugs.

Can anyone provide some pics? I will post some later.

Billygoat

Billygoat

I'll be starting some NYCD seeds at the first of the year. Got some from Soma a few years back and need to get them going soon. Since I'm ready to grow something new. Had a pheno back in the day that was out of the world. Yield some very nice numbers of killer smoke. Ask Texas Kid about her. He had that cut.

Glad to see member still talking about NYCD. I personally really liked it. Help me sleep well at night and helped with my bad PTSD.
Take care,
BG

click80

click80

I have three patients that swear by whatever NYCD pheno I ended up with. They are all sensitive to the anxiety issue of some strains and swear that mine gives them absolutely none. I myself do not smoke but I have tried mine and it definitely has a lesser amount of the anxiety factor.

I find that incredibly interesting. Not about mine specifically but the slight nuances between pheno's and crosses that result in the different psychological and physical affects and effects.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I'll be starting some NYCD seeds at the first of the year. Got some from Soma a few years back and need to get them going soon. Since I'm ready to grow something new. Had a pheno back in the day that was out of the world. Yield some very nice numbers of killer smoke. Ask Texas Kid about her. He had that cut.

Glad to see member still talking about NYCD. I personally really liked it. Help me sleep well at night and helped with my bad PTSD.
Take care,
BG

Good to see ya posting again bro, hope all s well ....please tell me some NYCD x VB or Choco Thai coming soon!

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo

Premium Member
Supporter
The grapefruit pheno used to be attainable in a pack of Soma's seeds. When i started growing about 10 yrs ago it was one of the first packs I ran, and found an awesome grapefruit pheno, but lost it due to inadequate growing skills. From what I've read it's much harder to find in his more recent offerings.

Top Bottom