What happened to Serious Seeds genetics?

• Thread starter Jobo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jobo

So from what i've been reading, serious seeds has redone most of there genetics, and they are now a lot worse.

I was really interested in growing Kali-Mist and Ak-47, but from all the posts ive read, the seeds and nothing like what they used to be.

Is this all true?

Im pretty upset because now I have to decide on new strains to grow, and there's just so many for me to choose from.

Im looking for a sativa, but dont have the space for a pure haze or anything. Any suggestions?

D

d420

Premium Member
Supporter
Super silver haze is nice, I ran Kali Mist in 06, and am running it again now, do not se much difference in growth, but will let you know in about 5 weeks if it was the same as last..the last kali was DANK, smelled like Pappsitos salsa and tated the same..Very tastey, it was almost a warm spicy taste, hard to describe, Peace.

J

Jobo

Super silver haze is nice, I ran Kali Mist in 06, and am running it again now, do not se much difference in growth, but will let you know in about 5 weeks if it was the same as last..the last kali was DANK, smelled like Pappsitos salsa and tated the same..Very tastey, it was almost a warm spicy taste, hard to describe, Peace.

Super Silver Haze was my next choice, but Im trying to find the best place to get it from.

And from waht I understand seriosu changed there genetics in 2000.

S

soloone

Greenhouse is supposed to be the one for super silver haze but I haven't heard that great things about them

I

ismokepot

I am a week away from of a massive harvest with many other plants and 6 Serious Seeds White Russian plants. Some of the W.R. are nearly done and others still have a month to go. Some are tall and some are short. So, alot of variation and I am not in the least impressed.

Out of 23 W.R. plants potted, 17 were males and the rest were the 6 females. I won't be buying anymore Serious products thats for sure.......

D

danko

I am a week away from of a massive harvest with many other plants and 6 Serious Seeds White Russian plants. Some of the W.R. are nearly done and others still have a month to go. Some are tall and some are short. So, alot of variation and I am not in the least impressed.

Out of 23 W.R. plants potted, 17 were males and the rest were the 6 females. I won't be buying anymore Serious products thats for sure.......

i haD Tthe opposite expierience bro... out of 10 ak's and 10 white russians i got 18 fems and 2 dudes! they were stretchyy but that could have been my inexpierience...it was a year ago when i first started. i was pretty pleased with the end results tho. my lack of proper lables inhibited me a bit in choosing a mom and i think i picked the wrong one! i tried to reveg a sick ass bud in my sog but she never fully recovered and i dicked myself out of the genetics! live and learn huh? that wont happen with my new genes! c99bx1 and killing fields f2 and some sagen n sour!

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
I've grown both AK-47 and Kali Mist from Serious and both wer great. But I can't remember if that was b4 or after 2000. That's sad ta hear if it's true.

B

bobpeto

Greenhouse silver haze sucks donkey choda, it really blows!!! Just start'n some Mr Nice SSh, from what I hear mr nice is the place to get haze's. Mango, nevills, Afghani haze, Sfghani skunk haze, and a bunch of new hybreds ith a nice chunk of Haze in'm too, in fact he just came out with 3 new ones like a couple of weeks ago called for nowA,B,C. C seems to have the most Haze in it.

anyway, mr Nice all the way!!!

Bob

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Super Silver Haze was my next choice, but Im trying to find the best place to get it from.

And from waht I understand seriosu changed there genetics in 2000.

If you want SSH i would highly recomend Mr Nice seed co, Shanti has all the original genetics that he took with him when he left G.h.s.c and he has breeding with them at MrNice seed co. So if you want the old school greenhouse genetics check Shanti:cool0041:

O

Ouroboros

I was gonna say..didn't shanti make ssh to begin with? should be a no brainer. :)

R

Rocky Top

I popped 7 Serious Seeds Kali Mist in early '08 and got 7 females. I popped 8 Serious Seeds WR and got 6 females. I have had nothing but great luck with Serious Seeds and I highly reccommend them. I have grown all their strains but Chronic and without question, Serious Seeds have been as good as any breeder I have ever grown and thats probably more than 20 breeders.

I kept the best Kali Mist and continue to grow it today. Just a maginificent plant that until you have actually smoked it, tasted it and smelled it, you wont appreciate just what a great plant she is. The high lasts for hours and there is no ceiling. The more you smoke the higher you get. She can get very tall if you don't do any training. I usually veg mine for about 3 weeks with some supercropping and i get 3+ zips per plant under a 600W in soil.

I have also grown and smoked Mr. Nice SSH and it is a very nice plant as well but she was not good enough to keep in my garden. Nothing bad just not as good as the Kali Mist I kept and I don't have room for a bunch of moms. Kali won hands down in any smoke tests that me and my friends conducted for what thats worth.

Here are a few pics of my Kali Mist. Enjoy...

Kali Harvest 042
Kali Harvest 047
Kali Harvest 085
Kali Harvest 109
Kali Harvest 117
T

The Geneticist

serious had some serious gear indeed. There oldschool KaliMist aka Western Winds, was kill, same oldschool plants in kali mist, you can find in western winds. i was amazed.

I thought they fell off when they hit it to shitty skunk 1. The best camps out of holland are Paradise and.......... well that about it. well dna but thats cali baby all the way.

K

kimburns

i know this is off the subject so ill apologize straight off sorry about this, but danko mentioned something im trying to find so i need to ask. danko you mention c99Bx where did you pick those up? thanks in advanced

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
See I've had nothing but problems everytime I've grown DNA gear and I've bought LA Con 3 seperate time and Cannalope and Sharks Breath. But my friends batches of CH & SB rocked. Just goes ta show that when you're only grown 10 seeds your chances of getn bunk are about the sane as getn green gold. When your payn $100+ a pack and take'n months ta be able ta findout it can leave people frustrated. Maybe breeders (specially large breeders who make 100 000+ seeds) should start making packs of seeds larger yo increase the chance of finding that "CUP WINNING" pheno. Honestly

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Kimburns, that would b "Mosca seeds" here at the Farm !! For that C-99 seeds Bxed or not !! Good to get those too !! monkey5

Venom818

Venom818

red skywalker I have ran the la-con a couple time the 1st time i popped 6 beans and got 4 females of some dank I have since ran some la con f2 with great results u should give them another try.

Top Bottom