What happened to the great old sativas

• Thread starter caesar5000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caesar5000

Lemonhoko thanks for the photo she looks great is it a sativa dominate hybrid ?

southstreets

southstreets

hey fractalhows that gurerro blue berry? Growing up where i grew up i got ataste and love for that realy good mexican stuff that lime green or that chocolatey. alot of people dont what im talking about but there are some very good mexican strains. They have either that chocolate or honey flavor that you cant find in other breeds. that x you have sounds interesting.

i've read good things bout this strain myself...

fractal

fractal

That one is on my list for sure just haven't grown it yet. Probably next year, in the greenhouse maybe.

I do have four seedling plants right now of neville's x blueberry that also gets really good reviews. I have those outside seeing how big they will get basically going into flower from seed outdoors.

fractal

fractal

One male and one female so far, here's the feminina of blueberry x neville's (jonny blaze thx again Red for this xmas gift)

Blue Nevilles
B

bob.fn.seger

I would LOOOOOVE to grow some pure sat's but don't have the space indoors and outdoors where i live they wouldn't make it all the way before frost hits hard. you guys are doin it though. i have only had the privilege of smoking a true sat once or twice. i may try my hand at some sativas after the grow i'm on now finishes. someone mentioned that sativas are harder to grow than indicas. is there much truth to this.

J

JustBurn

I have some "old time haze". Or at least thats what the old hippy called it. My work woildnt but it because they felt there is no indoor market for a 22-24 week sativa, anyways i got 3 of them and i will share one or two....

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Yea the sativas are generally more picky that the indicas and will blow up if you aren't impatient and let them run the 10 to 12 weeks they need. i have a diamond in my garden, a genuine HAWAIIAN KUSH i also have a nice stock of some columbian gold seeds from my pops when he was a punk kid

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
not from the 70's when she is a little bigger ill show her

Witchking

Witchking

I think as growing outdoors undetected got harder and harder to do, the desire to grow sativs begin to wane...they can be a real pita to grow indoors. It is doable but I think you greastest potential from sativas come from growing OD.

Dunge

Dunge

At last I have found the thread I have been looking for. I am new to growing and grow for myself, but I grew up on sativa grass and long for that experience again.
I have one plant of Nirvana's Eldorado about to flip. How will this stack up? Electricity is expensive where I live, and I am not looking forward keeping it in flower forever. But it is sative, and I am excited to see how it does. Pictures to follow.

Dunge

Dunge

This is my feminized Elodrado from Nirvana seeds. It is 10 weeks from seed and has been trussed using LST methods (first learned about in these forums).
Today I moved it into the shade in my 12/12 400Watt sodium space.
I don't know how to read these plants very well, so I choose to keep things as simple as possible. I am growing in 3 gallons of Fox Farm Ocean and water only thus far.
This pot is heavy, so I am resisting watering for a few days, but when I do it will be a gallon on water, some molasses, and a bit of 0-5-4 liquid fertilizer.
Now after reading this thread I am more excited than ever to see what she does.
Thanks for reading, and feel free to offer observations.

DSCN2670
fractal

fractal

That is no way a sativa. Looks mostly indica, if it's a hybrid the indica overpowers it. See how fat those leaves are?

convex

convex

iam not sure how any of you can reccomend reeferman gear at all over the past 2 years show me one good report on his gear and before you start bashing so all you old reeferman heads know its me nypotstar from his old site the dude is a shell of his former self 5 to 6 years ago maybe his shit was good now he has ruined it all results speak for them selfs i ran 12 of his strains not a one is in my or any of my boys grow roooms

Let me qualify ... the ORIGINAL releases of WN, LP1, Accidental Haze were great.

I have not tried the subsequent releases and cannot speak to that. Aussie, you have first hand experience and I cannot question that!

I forgot Aussie = Potty, hope you are well ;)

Cheers

Megas

Megas

I believe in Jamaica Sativas are the strains of choice grown outside. I could be wrong but from what I've seen I always thought I've seen vast majority of Sativas. Maybe you'll have an excuse to go on vacation now mon.

fractal

fractal

I found a seedbank that is still listing the accidental haze, I think I might go for it. . . Just got 10/10 on some 5 year old reeferman Cherry Thai seeds.

Here is some johnny blaze (neville's x DJ's blue stud), supposed to take 12 weeks so this I consider a real sativa.

Johnny blaze
Johnny blaze 2
A

APAX

SO TRU man , it makes one think that in futre there wont be original strains left , that;s why i mostly grow original african sativa strains , like malawi , swazi , transkei , even durban poison is not a true strain it is crossed with a indian strane that the indian slaves broyght with them to durban 152 years ago ,

Dunge

Dunge

Oops wrong picture

You are correct sir. And I didn't know it until now. My two plants, AK48 & Eldorado were mislabeled from Nirvana. I grew them up thinking this fat indica was my sativa.
Now that I am 5 weeks into flower, even a newby like me can tell there was some identity confusion.
I now am confidant that the one on the right is the sativa.
That AK48 doesn't look too shabby does she?
I know, I should trim them up. Just don't know what to cut.

DSCN2841
C

caesar5000

Dunge yea that has a more sativa look

the hole point of starting this tread was not that there is no sativas or hybrids out there but if i had seen one more post or thread using the word sativa to justify poor breeding if we the customer just stuck with what we have for two years and stopped funding theses poor breeding programs they will listen

to the true breeders i apologist but you silence speaks volumes

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I got 3/10 germ with accidental haze ordered from the attitude just recently. 5/10 for pananma red. I've also got some malawi, swazi red, red columbian, eldorado, and LP#1. More on the way! My favorite was the celestial temple satva from federation. If anyone has a line on a cut of this I will trade them anything in my room.

DO NOT ORDER HOA BAC! it has a 0% germ rate and reef knows it (he told me so) and so does the attitude but they're selling them anyways at $180 for 10. I got burnt so be forewarned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom