what happened???

• Thread starter Sasha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sasha

Well this is kinda embarrassing but at least its from my last grow back in 2005.
Im just getting back into growing because life in the big city isnt always easy.Trying to make house payments as well as trying to keep a business afloat a couple years ago almost put me all the way under. With hard woork and perseverance everything has worked out business is booming and life is good so I started up again but I cant get my last grow out of my head.

My plants that were in flowering were dank but very stunted. I put them in at 24 inches and they stretched maybe up to 30 inches if that. The soil hardly dried out and I could only water them once every 7 days because of that. Now the crazy thing is that the plants looked healthy but I know better. I did an experiment with one of the plants and this is what happened. I let one plant dry completely and by completely I mean by feeling the weight of the container. So one day everything looks fine and by the next morning all the leaves had dropped down real bad and curled like over fert. So I was happy because we finally dried out but when I added more plain water the leaves almost all of them were fried and dead and fell off. So what I think happened and this is where I want your guys help is think the local garden shop soil had to much clay in it and the bottom never dried out.I also think all my nutes just piled up there and when I forced the plant to dry out it forced the roots down into the poison and all the leaves died. Does anybody else have any ideas of what could have happened. Also I no longer try to save money on cheap local soil. Also now I ph my water as well and before I didnt. But I also didnt flush in the past or alternate feedings with water...live and learn. Have a great day everyone Im off to make that money!!!

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Use a trusted soil/compost company and feed light, you only need full strength nutes if you've got big old plants. Also since your starting u again why don't you try Coco Coir. You'll never look back.

Peace

G81

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Use a trusted soil/compost company and feed light, you only need full strength nutes if you've got big old plants. Also since your starting u again why don't you try Coco Coir. You'll never look back.

Peace

G81

good advice ..............heavy yealding medium just be sure to read everything about it and use a low K regiment coco degrades into potassium so it constantly puts off K adjust you nutes acordingly

R

Reptile

Yeah, I've noticed a constant drop in quality of the soil.. as the demand rises they just drop soil in the pit, conveyor ammendments into it and ship it out....NO healthy Biology, none. We are missing the point where our society is destroying nature, and it's a domino effect, ultimatly killing the base.. Soil is manufactured in such a careless manner now adays.. These innoculants and beneficial fungi are important now to "create" what has been destroyed or just wasnt there.. flipping soil with a front end loader is they're solution. To me it's the problem, too much demand and not enough good stuff to truely go around. Just my 2 cents

R

Reptile

PH can also wreck yer nute/water availability, like wax on your car..water'll just bead n drown the plant..

Top Bottom