What Happens If I Cut The Top 10 Centimeters ?

• Thread starter TheSpaceCase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

Hello everyone,

Seems that super lemon haze has the constant need to approach the light bulb if it feels its too far from it. So 10 days ago i pushed the height of the lamps to the limit (they are CFLs) and the SLH continued to rise up even though its midway in the flowering.

This morning eventually i decided that the tops should/can not be that close to the lamp as the heat dries the top bud. (saw this happening already with a colleague's bud.)

And i took the decision to cut the top 10 centimeters of it. Since it was topped once in the beginning - there were two main tops which i deprived 10 centimeters each of its height.

Is there any bad ramification out of this or is it just the small stress which it will experience ? I decided that it needs to stop growing and start maturing now.

So please let me know if someone had a bad experience with it. I felt I had no other choice as i did not want the top to be literally in the face of the lamp and vice versa.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

Its not going to hurt a thing ... I would dry those tops and smokem....lol...The Cannabis Goddess is just telling you smoke some of this bud as a preview to what is yet to come..

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

You do not have to harvest all of a cannabis plant at one time..I try not to have much stuff on the bottom of my plants but if I do , I top that sucker and let the little buds go a little longer. I try to avoid this but sometimes it happens and you go with it...Yes those little buds will get you stoned to. I roll blunts out of that stuff..

TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

Well, it did not reach the point of being a mature bud - its yet with the baby pistils stretching out.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

Then bend those suckers over and let them ripen a bit...It is in advisable to allow plants to make contact with your lights as it can be a fire hazard...Take some plastic string and tie those babies down... ITS A WEED you aint gonna hurt it...lol... Hell cannabis is a very hardy plant it grew threw 3 horrible beginning grows and I was unintentionally killing it ( over feeding under feeding powdery mildew and on and on...Lights falling on them...lol...)

TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

How you grow your plant, how you treat it and how will the end result be is the definition of your own attitude reflection :) thanks ill prefer not to stretch and tie it anymore, nor to bend it - i had that option , but decided not go with it.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

No problem..just telling you what I would do...now with that being said.. happy trails and I am gonna try out some white widow it will be 420 in about one hour....Hell I aint waiting...I am THC certified...lol

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Ran into the same issue. With CFLs your buds can be as close as an inch to the bulb with proper ventilation. I'd be looking at super cropping before cutting though. Efficient, simple and not super stressful for the plants. Makes one hell of a mess come harvest, but that's when you know you did good!

TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

Well, when you cut the tops, the juicy buds will be the one closest to the sky :) so the only thing i loose here is a few grams rather than the best bud. At least its how i think it is.

I thought about strtching and tying up and bend but there are more ppl in the room so no gymnastics.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

I read the forums and listened to these guys posts and now I only flower 2 plants and get 10 ounces of number 1 and 2 ounces of small bud that's after 14 days dry... I prefer only 2 plants under a 600 watt hps and these might get away from me in height and I am gonna handle those ho's...lol

O

oregonmellow

If you put some bamboo or some other kind of stacks around the perimeter of your pot yo can bend them into a semi/whole circle around the outside of your pot,I have seen people grow that way on purpose to the point of forming a spiral then hang their light in the center,Peace.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Dont top in flower especially the main cola. I would find another solution, either veg less or add some bloom booster in first week to stop stretch. You could run flower nutes in veg for a week or try scrog. Dealing with unwanted characteristics of strains the right way makes for a lot more weight compared to chopping a main cola before it ripe. I have a few that stretch. Another option maybe that liquid topper i think AN makes some. I have never used it. You supposidly add when your plant gets to the desired height. Find another way. My advice.

Last edited:
dorjewright

dorjewright

Are you growing from seed or clone. I grew out SLH from seed last year but wasn't happy with the quality. Sure would like to get some clones.

Top Bottom