What happens if you don't pre-moisten pro-mix

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

Was wondering what happens when you don't pre-moisten pro-mix for a month? I totally didn't even know and I don't have an extra month tbh

2Bad

2Bad

Went through a few cubes of pro mix this year and did nothing special before using.. 🤫
Sweet thank you @Shaded_One just said the same thing. I got a mind that drives itself crazy until I open the door of knowledge u know what I mean haha.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I bought about 5,000 dollars worth of Pro-Mix HP a little over a year ago and still have quite the supply left. I "pre-moisten" it literally just a couple of hours before I start filling pots. Works fine for me!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Not at all. I grab my dry brick of ProMix and start hacking away at it with a shovel the day that I need it 😎

(some people do cook their soil for months but not necessary for what @2Bad will be doin)
I break it out of the brick into a tub what I need then add water and mix in by hand breaking it apart and using an open hand to blend water to soil. When I think its damp enough I add it to the pot for transplant or sprouts. Once transplanted ( I do when plants need food or water) I water or feed accordingly. If I'm planting a seedling with pre wet soil I soak the solo cup poke a hole and plant, tucking it in but still showing the head.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I break it out of the brick into a tub what I need then add water and mix in by hand breaking it apart and using an open hand to blend water to soil. When I think its damp enough I add it to the pot for transplant or sprouts. Once transplanted ( I do when plants need food or water) I water or feed accordingly. If I'm planting a seedling with pre wet soil I soak the solo cup poke a hole and plant, tucking it in but still showing the head.
Exactly what I do never any trouble

Top Bottom