What hood should I buy?

• Thread starter Prime C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
My local store has Hydrofarm hoods. Been looking at the Raptor, Daystar and Radiant. The Daystar looks to have pretty good coverage and about $100 cheaper than the Raptor.

I have a vertical set-up with racks but its just not enough room so I wanna rip out the racks and put up a cpl air cooled hoods for a bigger flat garden. Its better use of the space.

So any info on some good hoods would be great.:D

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i xxxl (raptor like), and they seem to lay out a nice spread. imo the raptor is worth the extra money. cause the xxxls seem kinda flimsey.

dirk d

dirk d

i like the magnums personally with the 6" exhaust holes but the raptors are pretty sweet. just bigger than i needed. dont skimp on your hoods. get the best you can that way you can grow into the hood.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
next time i will get raptors..the guy at the store didnt want to sell me raptors cause i bought galaxy ballasts.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
i like the magnums personally with the 6" exhaust holes but the raptors are pretty sweet. just bigger than i needed. dont skimp on your hoods. get the best you can that way you can grow into the hood.

I started with a single 600 in a 4x4 tent. I'm now running 2 600s in a single hood. Probably wouldn't work for what you are trying to do, but I like it alot.

outwest

dirk d

dirk d

ya i ended up selling both my magnums and went all vertical but they were great while i had them...for 3 months lol

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
ya i ended up selling both my magnums and went all vertical but they were great while i had them...for 3 months lol
i would love to go vert, but that takes one hell of a a/c..rite?

dirk d

dirk d

ya i didnt think about the AC issue lol sometimes you have to run before you walk! lol need 6000 btu's per 1000w when it comes to vertical. right now im fighting temps and anytime there is a hot day im stressing lol. hopefully you can survive long enough to get a couple harvests so you can afford the mini splits you will need. i started vertical in the beginning of winter so i just draw in cold outside air. not efficient by any means but this weekend the pre wiring goes in for the new mini split.

btw im bare bulb vertical

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
My buddy runs the xxxl hoods and i like the way his buds look even on the outer edge. Think im gonna get those Raptors and do some remodeling! Thx guys I appreciate the quik response.:D

B

Burned Haze

Raptors all the way, great seal and awesome design ..... Worth the extra cash. I own 3 cobra and I wish they made raptors when I got them

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
adjustawings imop are the best you can buy but for air cooled hhod id go with the block buster , magnumxxxl , or raptors you can't go wrong with any of them i just think the wings are amazing something about them just throws down a shit ton of light

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

huh i do
next time i will get raptors..the guy at the store didnt want to sell me raptors cause i bought galaxy ballasts.
i donn't get why you couldn't get raptors with galexy ballast?

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

in washington where i live you only need ac to run vert in july and august, the rest of the year is no problem as long as you have good air movment

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
huh i do
i donn't get why you couldn't get raptors with galexy ballast?
for real bro...the shop guy didnt want to sale raptors with the galaxy...cause the xxxl was a sunsystem product like galaxy

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

thats really stupid, it's a cheap little piece to make the 2 compatible, that kinda tics me off, i wouldn't shop there anymore, they probably have a bigger mark on the sunlights xxl's

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
thats really stupid, it's a cheap little piece to make the 2 compatible, that kinda tics me off, i wouldn't shop there anymore, they probably have a bigger mark on the sunlights xxl's
they are compatible...and yes im pretty much done with that shop. last time there i felt a lil like i was getn fucked. and i wasnt gonna buy a lumateck, just so i could have the raptor i wanted.

Top Bottom