What Hoods to use for 1k's?

• Thread starter REGISTRD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SOCALKUSHTECH

xxxl hoods do spread evenly, and I do like box hoodsI hate to say it but 49" vertizontals have been putting out some serious footprints and low hot spots. They have been around for 30 years for a reason. I would love to see a vert vs magnum shootout. Bells are really nice too for a 4x4

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

ALT.
REmember im NOT AIR-COOLING so thats why i went with the 6's and were working with a tall strain and standard 8ft ceilings so as it is ill be drilling the hoods directly to the roof! The 8" hoods are almost 2in taller as well.
SO ya well have a XXXL 1k watt Hortilux over every 3x3 tray..:cool0010:

Yeah, I didn't word that clearly, buddy. That was for Icono... If you're not air-cooling, why would the size of the vents matter? wouldn't the 8'' stay a little cooler than the 6" without a fan and duct? I was just recommending that he buy the 8" over the 6" so he doesn't have to upgrade when the 6" runs too hot.
One thing that frustrates me about the valubrite-type hoods is that you can't set up your duct in a straight line for efficient venting and still have the light reflected in the most efficient manner. With the XXXLs, you can actually set them up efficiently and keep your vent duct relatively "un-curved" for maximum efficiency.

R

REGISTRD

OMG I luv these hoods.... There built nice and small and WIDE.....

My only quam so far is To the naked eye right next to a daystar its not as bright.. I dunno though cause our naked eye doesnt mean shit.......

M

Married2Mary

Premium Member
Supporter
I use the MagnumXXXL "The Ocho" 8" is it kicks much ass... Fixing to buy 2 more....

S

SmokeTheState

Great thread. This along with a couple others helped with my delimma of SSII vs XXXL's.

I imagine the footprint of Ocho's compared to the six are quite different. Maybe negligible though? What do you guys think?

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Great thread. This along with a couple others helped with my delimma of SSII vs XXXL's.

I imagine the footprint of Ocho's compared to the six are quite different. Maybe negligible though? What do you guys think?

Nope foot print is the exact same. Only difference is one has 6" duct and the other 8" hence>>>>Ocho

I

idriveunsafely

IMO if youre not air cooling get some nice batwings bro.

X

Xceptional

Sun System XXXL Magnum Hood:) Largest footprint in the industry:)
These will do ya a hell of a lot better than the daystars

gtd

i use it, i love it, i would HIGHLY recommend it. this hood is so damn sexy it's just flooding my room!

FYI it is too heavy to put on yo yo's so you have to use chains that's the only downside.

djstiks

djstiks

XXXL Magnum hood is married for a 4x4 table:)
I ahve also run the sunsystem 2 and watched my buddy's daystars>>>>>Both lack the performance of the XXXL Magnum:)
If you dont need to air cool your hoods, then take out the glass and your good to go.

I grew 16 Casey Jones in a 4x4 with the XXL Magnum over it. Pulled 3.2 dried:) Never could have achieved these numbers with any other hood imo... Thats what sold me on this hood... I now own 5 of them Mcguillicuttys:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

say it ain't so... 3.2 dried zips per plant or 3.2 lbs per light?

R

REGISTRD

Figured I should update this Thread....
After having the magnums for a couple weeks and fighting the high temps that went along with them due to the material of the metal.. I tossed em and went with the BELL-Washingtons LR1000's Non air cooled.
Room is about 5-6 deg cooler and u can put your hand right on top of the hood after its been on for 6 hours and its not even hot at all..
Also seen and heard from a couple differnt sources that the oshio bulbs are running about 5 deg hotter as well..
you can save yourself almost 12 deg of heat just in equipment....

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Figured I should update this Thread....
After having the magnums for a couple weeks and fighting the high temps that went along with them due to the material of the metal.. I tossed em and went with the BELL-Washingtons LR1000's Non air cooled.
Room is about 5-6 deg cooler and u can put your hand right on top of the hood after its been on for 6 hours and its not even hot at all..
Also seen and heard from a couple differnt sources that the oshio bulbs are running about 5 deg hotter as well..
you can save yourself almost 12 deg of heat just in equipment....

Fighting high temps is due to a shitty AC and your room not being dialed>>>nothing to do with the XXXL Magnum hoods brah.
If your having heat issues you should air cool your hoods being your room is not set up to handle non air cooled by the sound of things.

gtd

C

CAPO

Any you guys tried using those thermal "hood blankets"...are they just hype?

R

REGISTRD

Fighting high temps is due to a shitty AC and your room not being dialed>>>nothing to do with the XXXL Magnum hoods brah.
If your having heat issues you should air cool your hoods being your room is not set up to handle non air cooled by the sound of things.
gtd

Not even the case GTD... REad my post.. Its not just my room!
The magnums were an experiment WE HAD A BASELINE to work with.. So your theory has NO conclusion...

The rooms never ran air cooled nor will they we run sealed...:anim_44:

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Not even the case GTD... REad my post.. Its not just my room!
The magnums were an experiment WE HAD A BASELINE to work with.. So your theory has NO conclusion...

The rooms never ran air cooled nor will they we run sealed...:anim_44:

Yeah Ive read your thread lol>>>and its self explanatory>>If your sealed (closed system) room is getting to hot temp wise running non air cooled hoods>>>> Your room can not handle it. Its not from the hood making your room hot>>>its from you not having a sufficient enough AC to keep your temp in check.

R

REGISTRD

Yeah Ive read your thread lol>>>and its self explanatory>>If your sealed (closed system) room is getting to hot temp wise running non air cooled hoods>>>> Your room can not handle it. Its not from the hood making your room hot>>>its from you not having a sufficient enough AC to keep your temp in check.

LOL Ok bro keep telling yourself that!
seriously What dont you understand??

Funny you can post all up in my thread yet you cant answer a simple PM from months ago! :character0111:

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Dont get your panty's in a bunch there guy. I dont remember seeing any pm from you>>>I get multiple daily and if one slipped by, my apologies.

Maybe I don't understand your deal>>>>you asked about hoods and were recommended the XXXL's, you stated your not air cooling the hoods correct? Your room is sealed and now since using XXXL's your battling temperatures in your room?
This is what i am understanding>>>please clarify your problem

R

REGISTRD

This is a Hood recommendation thread!
NOT a thread where I post exacts about the rooms... Nor will any of you ever find any of that info out.. I feel I post whats necessary you all can take my info for granted or you can take it for what its worth! Im done with this thread... LOL shitty Ac.. lol wow..:joint:

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Lay off the kool aid buddy boy>>>Was only trying to help you.
Shitty AC is a figure of speech>>>meaning non efficient>>>why else would you be fighting high temps in your room genius.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I deleted your post
I dont appreciate your rudeness Keep with the shitty attitude>>>>and you'll be taking it to ICMAG and have fun with it. Contribute to the 90% bad 10% good over there.
This is your warning as this is the friendly farm:)

gtd

This thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom