what hormones are in rooting gel?

• Thread starter cephalopoda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AfricanHaze

AfricanHaze

So the auxins they use are synthetic or not? Not into the idea of using synthetic hormones on my plants… :mask:

yellowhead

yellowhead

IAA is the main one. IBA (indole-3-butyric acid) is also plant derived. And 4-CI-IAA (4-chloroindole-3-acetic acid) and PAA (phenyl acetic acid) are also found in plants. But why are you concerned if they are natural or not?

AfricanHaze

AfricanHaze

IAA is the main one. IBA (indole-3-butyric acid) is also plant derived. And 4-CI-IAA (4-chloroindole-3-acetic acid) and PAA (phenyl acetic acid) are also found in plants. But why are you concerned if they are natural or not?

Because eventually that stuffs going to end up in my lungs and personally if I can choose between something thats come out of a lab and mother nature its mother nature any day.

infocus

infocus

I just read that auxins are also responsible for gravitropism and phototropism. not terms i’ve come across before but very interesting. You couldn’t grow weed upside down because roots sense gravity! and plants SEE light from the tip of shoots and auxins are like the sensors

way2green

way2green

ProbaagaKing, post: 1293956, member: 45671"]LOL
There be better companies to be the president of anyway. ;)[/quote]
ProbAbly but those blokes make killer products.

way2green

way2green

[q1294680, member: 62385"]I just read that auxins are also responsible for gravitropism and phototropism. not terms i’ve come across before but very interesting. You couldn’t grow weed upside down because roots sense gravity! and plants SEE light from the tip of shoots and auxins are like the sensors[/quote]
I have read that before. I guess that is the reason for Topsy Turvy Tomatoes. Lol

Zero Theorem

Zero Theorem

I just read that auxins are also responsible for gravitropism and phototropism. not terms i’ve come across before but very interesting. You couldn’t grow weed upside down because roots sense gravity! and plants SEE light from the tip of shoots and auxins are like the sensors

Gravitropism is also mediated by auxins in shoots. Um..why on earth would you want to grow ur pot upside down?? lol

infocus

infocus

Actually I wasn’t really thinking when I wrote that.. I just remember someone once telling me they had weed growing upside down in their cupboard because it makes all the thc drain from the roots into the buds. Rofl!! man there are some idiots out there lol

marz

marz

So why can’t you take cuttings of budding plants and get them to strike? is it about the hormones or the plant being exhausted already or something like that?

infocus

infocus

Who says you cant get budded cuttings to strike. i’ve done it before - once - but never managed to get it to re-veg. I had this amazing purple bud plant growing outdoors. i mean the buds were just so bright purple Id never come across anything like it. smoked of sweet cinnamon and cloves. she was from a seed I scored by chance and never thought to take cuttings off her before she flowered. By the time I realized how special the plant was it was too late. So at harvest I kept an 8” bud aside ad tried to root it. It sat under a cfl for 24hrs a day for 4 months, it did some weird re-veggie kinda stuff but they never turned into viable shoots. in the end i gave up as it started to look sick and I could tell it’s health had started to dwindle. when I pulled it out of the pot it had the most massive ball of healthy roots, it was crazy, all those roots for that tiny little bud. It looked like it was so pumped up full energy but nowhere to channel it. Sad..

way2green

way2green

What? I have taken hundreds of cuttings of flowering plants and cloned them with no problem. I do this a lot of times with new beans that I think could be males. I will flower those bitches and make sure they are girly girls!

way2green

way2green

Infocus, I have never tried it with Outdo! Can't do that down South! Lol

william76

william76

I'm sure you can use willow bark crushed up in water,left to sit 24hrs can be used to root cuttings,thats natural surely? 76

way2green

way2green

That is the natural alternative to dissolving aspirin in water? Right? I have only read about the aspirin water. Never tried it. After all dome people have accused me of owning Clonex! Lol

Top Bottom