what hormones are in rooting gel?

• Thread starter cephalopoda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
way2green

way2green

Wait. Did I mean dumb or some or both? Just got stung by the blue widow and am unsure.

SexOG

SexOG

Who says you cant get budded cuttings to strike. i’ve done it before - once - but never managed to get it to re-veg. I had this amazing purple bud plant growing outdoors. i mean the buds were just so bright purple Id never come across anything like it. smoked of sweet cinnamon and cloves. she was from a seed I scored by chance and never thought to take cuttings off her before she flowered. By the time I realized how special the plant was it was too late. So at harvest I kept an 8” bud aside ad tried to root it. It sat under a cfl for 24hrs a day for 4 months, it did some weird re-veggie kinda stuff but they never turned into viable shoots. in the end i gave up as it started to look sick and I could tell it’s health had started to dwindle. when I pulled it out of the pot it had the most massive ball of healthy roots, it was crazy, all those roots for that tiny little bud. It looked like it was so pumped up full energy but nowhere to channel it. Sad..

There’s where your problem was. 24hrs………

way2green

way2green

Uh oh. I explained on a different forum. Damn that is embarrassing. Nobody and I do mean nobody can fuck up a post like me!!!!!!! My apologies that just showed ip on some other forum. Anyways y'all should be used to that by now!

SexOG

SexOG

LOL all good, what can one expect on a stoner forum? Gonna go punch some bongs now myself lol

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

So why can’t you take cuttings of budding plants and get them to strike? is it about the hormones or the plant being exhausted already or something like that?

Yes you can get buds to strike. But the longer into the flower period they are the harder it is to reverse them into grow again. If you succeed in obtaining a root system then you need to consider what has already happened and what is presently happening at a hormonal level. This is where exogenous cytokinins might be applicable.

way2green

way2green

Plz do and reread! I think my intentions were pure of heart. I just found this stash that I put up last year. I had completely forgotten about it but was hiding some blueberry from the ol lady. Anyway, it thru me for a loop and she was on to me!

way2green

way2green

Yes you can get buds to strike. But the longer into the flower period they are the harder it is to reverse them into grow again. If you succeed in obtaining a root system then you need to consider what has already happened and what is presently happening at a hormonal level. This is where exogenous cytokinins might be applicable.
I agree Prince and i would nevet leave the bud on. Clip that bitch off!

derelict

derelict

revegging isn't difficult, you just need to follow the right method. of course, starting the process sooner rather than later is preferable. trying right at the end of flower will end up taking a long time for the cutting to fully revert.

way2green

way2green

I agree. I have never tried to clone anything that was over a month into flower. I don't have that much patience

way2green

way2green

Very true. I know everyone at some point has flowered some lil plant that they just didn't have much faith in and changed their mind 3-4 weeks in flower?

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

Of course, but live and learn, right? Should only do that once before you realize it's better to keep back ups throughout the grow, rather than wait until the end and decide you've found the mother of all keepers only to realize you have to reveg the bitch! LOL

Intense

Intense

Conditions during in vitro rooting are believed to have a major effect on ex vitro performance, a plausible explanation to why seed derived plants supposedly yield better than cuttings. However there are many new developments in studies investigating adventitious root regeneration, in particular lateral root formation.

It is currently thought that less than 1 in a 100 of cells surrounding the wounded/cut cambium directly contribute to root generation. Called founder cells, these cells divide under the influence of auxin, which only needs to be present for the first few days, and is subject to various inhibitory mechanisms such as the antiauxin PCIB, ethylene and cytokinins. After a few days however the auxin signal is no longer required and it’s presence then becomes inhibitory also, and induces cells can become recalcitrant. Therefore, if you have a professional aeroponic clone chamber (advisable because the exchange of gases prevents co2 and ethylene accumulation at the induction zone) it may be beneficial to rinse the cuttings at 72-96hrs and remove the signal, hence the stability of IBA over IAA is a catch-22.

A brief pulse of IAA for cuttings in grow cubes or soil is likely to yield better results. In this case it is necessary to put the cuttings in darkness for the induction period to prevent the photooxidation of IAA. Keeping cuttings in a fully enclosed dome as any stage is ill-advised due the deleterious effects of ethylene accumulation. There is also mounting evidence that the addition of methyljasmonate to the auxin signal makes cuttings more sensitive to auxin and enhances the induction of founder cells.

NagaKing

NagaKing

Nice work, thanks.
Also too low humidity will overwhelm the water retention capacity of the cuttings, so removal of lower leaves/trimming of upper leaves it best.
You should write a book.

Top Bottom