what hormones are in rooting gel?

• Thread starter cephalopoda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marz

marz

thanks! So making cuttings with a high number rooting sites gets the plants off the a better start and therefore a bigger yield?

Plasma

Plasma

@intense, thanks for an in depth post on the topic. You mentioned lateral root formation but then didn’t elaborate. Just wondering how I can get my cutting to do this.

Intense

Intense

No probs. By removing the auxin signal at 72-96hrs and preventing auxin inhibition that blocks founder cells at the pre mitotic stage by tweaking the environment as described above. Lateral root growth is initiated in the pericycle of the primary roots. In cuttings there will be several primary roots, a seedling has is only one. If you want to get techy about it, drop P and S levels to cease the elongation of primary roots and promote lateral root growth. Tinkering like this predetermines the architecture of the mature plant.

way2green

way2green

@intense, thanks for an in depth post on the topic. You mentioned lateral root formation but then didn’t elaborate. Just wondering how I can get my cutting to do this.
Great info. Really good

Gandalfalfa

Gandalfalfa

No probs. By removing the auxin signal at 72-96hrs and preventing auxin inhibition that blocks founder cells at the pre mitotic stage by tweaking the environment as described above. Lateral root growth is initiated in the pericycle of the primary roots. In cuttings there will be several primary roots, a seedling has is only one. If you want to get techy about it, drop P and S levels to cease the elongation of primary roots and promote lateral root growth. Tinkering like this predetermines the architecture of the mature plant.

How does dropping the levels of P and S help? I thought depriving plants of nutrients is bad.

yellowhead

yellowhead

Because eventually that stuffs going to end up in my lungs and personally if I can choose between something thats come out of a lab and mother nature its mother nature any day.

I see where you’re coming from but don't agree with that train of thought. 1st just because it comes from “mother nature” doesn’t mean its safe. Mother nature makes all manner of toxic chemicals that could put you down, e.g. toxins in fungi, snake venom, poisonous plants etc. 2nd hormones are typically very short lived and are rapidly metabolised upon finding their target ligand and triggering the subsequent biological response.

Intense

Intense

How does dropping the levels of P and S help? I thought depriving plants of nutrients is bad.

This is an exception because you are trying to recreate the other half of the plant that isn’t there, before normal growth resumes and optimal nutrients are then required at all stages. S is needed to synthesize cysteine and methionine and it’s deficiency leads to root growth at the expense of shoot growth - exactly what you want to achieve. Lateral root growth will be promoted toward the primary root tip. Lateral root growth in low P conditions is an adaptive trait plants use to explore soil layers to access more of it and prevents growth into less nutrient rich deeper soils. Primary root growth will cease and lateral root growth is promoted in the upper regions of the primary root.

The beauty of the cutting stage is you can spend time predesigning the architecture of the plant, so once they’re in hydro you can press the little red button. You don’t have the leisure of time to get things right once that button is pressed..

DarkSpark

DarkSpark

You can’t unless you’re a commercial grower or a fanatic that makes their own nutes.

cephalopoda

cephalopoda

wow some of u guys know a lot! i feel like i should know this kind of thing, i study biology. but u guys are waaaay ahead lol. thanks 4 all the input in my thread it's been really interesting. :)

cephalopoda

cephalopoda

i thought rhizotonic is supposed to do that by stripping off the outer later of the roots and encouraging side root growth?

Intense

Intense

Complete rubbish. Canna use their brand-name to push all sorts crap onto the market to pull the wool over your eyes and alleviating you off the paper in your wallet. If you want to make money from Canna products do it by buying their shares instead LOL

derelict

derelict

i totally agree. their lack of transparency totally invalidates boost, zyme and rhizotonic. anyone can say anything does anything and make ups bunch of bullcrap claims. if they were more transparent about the nature of rhizotonic i might consider it. they are in the business of marketing and are very good at it.

Purpz

Purpz

There are meant to be B vitamins in there and microbiological substances..

Supercharge

Supercharge

There is no evidence supplying plants with vitamins is of any benefit if you’re already providing all the macro and micro nutrients.

Gandalfalfa

Gandalfalfa

Canna nutes is supposed to be next to none for QC, but it doesn’t justify the price. And yes they like to appropriate hard earned cash from unwary farmers who haven’t done their homework. But they are no better or worse than any other company IMO.

Top Bottom