What I'm Working On

• Thread starter Samwell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

magnificent Blood Orange x GG#4 BX1 male
really happy with him
biggest and tallest of all the plants and smells great !

View attachment 826234
How do you go about selecting a male for breeding? It always seemed to me that this would be fraught with peril; that there is no way to detect whether a male carries the gene for high potency.

Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
How do you go about selecting a male for breeding? It always seemed to me that this would be fraught with peril; that there is no way to detect whether a male carries the gene for high potency.
breeding is selecting and testing
I choose the male that I most like - structure , size, smell
I usually am not looking just for potency but a nice enjoyable flavorful and interesting high (potent enough of course)
I am a small breeder so usually don't have too many to choose from
one time lost a whole run as the male was sterile - so it goes
but the only way to know if the male is good for what you want is testing the offspring (which obviously is very slow)
still wish I had some of the males (Grand Daddy Purple runt male for example) that have gone thru my grow
real stud that one !
and my GG#4 BX1 male frosted everything it touched - thanks Antonio Verde lol
Sam

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Are yours 10 reg seeds /$150? I'm sorry but 15 a piece for regular photos?!
I'm speaking of the new butter line just released.
Thats not Samwell gear . Thats just some knob trying to take advantage of Samwell,s good reputation with a similar name.
As I,v already said Samwells gear is spot on and for the price? Forget about it.

Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
photos from the tester

Blood Orange (Crocketts) x GG#4 BX1 (Tony Green) f2

he said that one of them was straight Orange Fanta

named them Orange Syrup - read below

BoxGG4Bx1 1

BOxGG4BX1 2

two of these from his pack went full blown hermie ............................. not just a few here and there

the rest didn't - well worth growing but I ain't gonna be selling 'em

sad really after so much work - and I like this smoke - got thousands of these beanz (not exaggerating)

oh well

Sam

Top Bottom