what is a good cheap humidifier

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elusiveshame

I keep mine outside of the tent. And ive never had it turn off unless it runs out of water. Perhaps ive just been lucky? I keep it set to about 65% RH during the veg cycle and 55% RH during flowering.

What happens when the RH gets higher than what you have set in your tent? I have one set up outside of my 2x4 on a humidity controlled outlet (the one I linked to), but I do need to keep the other one inside of the 4x4 tent, which is also on the same controlled outlet. I *could* set the humidifier to shut off when it reaches a certain % on its own, but that only takes into account that small area where it sits and not where the canopy will eventually be.

I just checked that out then went to Canada amzon thinking it would be close to double your price but wow you is being ripped its only $72 here for the 3 liter
View attachment 1313308

The 3L one I linked is $54 for me, and the 6L is $99, so it seems to be appropriately priced.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I swear I am going to start making little humidifiers that can be directly fed / topped off via a 1/4" line from RO or whatever. They do not exist today, and it is really frustrating.

What we really need is a dumb device that activates with power on so you can run it from an inkbird or whatever (no electronics to get in the way) and a mini float valve in a small tank to make the thing tiny. Then just run the 1/4 line out to a res or your RO system and forget about it.

It needs to be small, because for the most part the humidification is only necessary early on seedlings thru early veg. By the time the plants have sufficient mass, they put water in the air via respiration and then you really need a dehumidifier. Small so it can fit in the spot with your seedlings, not so much needed in the bigger flower tent.

Add one more thing to the list of to dos.

Cannagar

Cannagar

What happens when the RH gets higher than what you have set in your tent? I have one set up outside of my 2x4 on a humidity controlled outlet (the one I linked to), but I do need to keep the other one inside of the 4x4 tent, which is also on the same controlled outlet. I *could* set the humidifier to shut off when it reaches a certain % on its own, but that only takes into account that small area where it sits and not where the canopy will eventually be.

The 3L one I linked is $54 for me, and the 6L is $99, so it seems to be appropriately priced.
I have a dehumidifier that kicks in if it goes over 70% RH

Cannagar

Cannagar

I swear I am going to start making little humidifiers that can be directly fed / topped off via a 1/4" line from RO or whatever. They do not exist today, and it is really frustrating.

What we really need is a dumb device that activates with power on so you can run it from an inkbird or whatever (no electronics to get in the way) and a mini float valve in a small tank to make the thing tiny. Then just run the 1/4 line out to a res or your RO system and forget about it.

It needs to be small, because for the most part the humidification is only necessary early on seedlings thru early veg. By the time the plants have sufficient mass, they put water in the air via respiration and then you really need a dehumidifier. Small so it can fit in the spot with your seedlings, not so much needed in the bigger flower tent.

Even though the plants give off their own humidity when they are larger. In many cases they still need more RH to remain in optimal health than a winter day typically has. Otherwise they cant perform transpiration optimally, lest im mistaken.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Even though the plants give off their own humidity when they are larger. In many cases they still need more RH to remain in optimal health than a winter day typically has. Otherwise they cant perform transpiration optimally, lest im mistaken.
Just depends on your grow, you may not be mistaken. I think what you are referring to is VPD, or vapor pressure deficit. Leaf temp and RH around the leaves set respiration and keeping them in the right range together is the goal for maximum photosynthesis.

For someone who grows trees in a hydro environment, humidifier in flower is almost never needed. A single plant in dirt only getting watered once or twice a week may need it.

N

NolaNick

I recently bought the Inkbird controller for my humidifier. The version with WiFi was on sale at Amazon. I recommend it. Reviewers said the non-WiFi version was difficult to set, so that's why I bought the WiFi version. Setup using the phone app is nice and easy. It also shows the humidity in the tent when away from home.

I bought this small humidifier to go with it: 1.70L Humidifier. It was $30 when I bought it. Now it's less than $20. It has been working well. I fill the tank once a day. I needed a small one because my 2x4 tent doesn't have much floor space.

I have a humidifier on order from AC Infinity, but it won't be in stock until some time next year. I needed to do something, so I bought the Inkbird. So far, I really like it. It's easy to use, reliable and works with many humidifiers as long as they remember their settings when powered on from the outlet.
What humidifier did you buy? That remember it settings. Do you think it would be sufficient for a 5x5 tent? Thanks

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yep! Just drill a hole in your reservoir. Install float and feed line. Done.

Maybe one of these ?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I think humidifiers and dehue's are a must have in my location. I get my humidifiers second hand at Value Village in Canada, They are for the most part brand new. I think they are bought for seniors that never use them or use them once or twice and get rid of them...I must have a dozen of them here the most I paid was $5.99 - a 30% seniors discount.....

It took me a while to learn I can only use RO or distilled water in them or they green up and become Un-useable . At peak usage I'll go through 16 gal a week I buy locally for $6.50.

Right now the humidity is around 50% indoors so I set it at 60% and I'm going through 1.5 gal every 2 days..in my veg closet.......nothing is needed in flower room or tent 50% is fine for flowering.

In the summer it'll be 100% here and dehues are a must I have 2 now I was running at 100% full blast on Turbo with my 30 pint and I couldn't get it below 70% so I bought a 35 pint and with both running I was able to get it into the 50% range.

The point being some locations will require more air conditioning than others....which reminds me I'm going to get a proper air conditioner for the girls this year I hope if I can find a deal I can afford.
this thread is 2 years old so no need to direct any thing to me i have already learned here not to wait on the forum to help with a problem

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

What humidifier did you buy? That remember it settings. Do you think it would be sufficient for a 5x5 tent? Thanks
The one I bought would probably be too small for a 5x5 tent. The same company has a larger unit that might be better. Both have a mechanical on/off switch. I use it with an Inkbird controller. Both seem to be working very well so far. I bought them several weeks ago.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09TN9NZKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?th=1

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yep! Just drill a hole in your reservoir. Install float and feed line. Done.

Maybe one of these ?
Oh I have several home made humidifiers. Probably 10 including my mushroom stuff.

If you are talking about doing that to the small ultrasonic type with a clear tank, nope does not work. They rely on the vacuum inside the tank to set flow rates and level above the ultrasonic disk. You put a hole in that tank and all the water comes out on your toes.

You need the float valve to set the height of the water above the disk, not the height in the res. It requires a different design.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

you say salty which is aparently ok for you to say to me but i say <Edited> and it is not ok how is it racist i have no idea who you are your name or your photo does not relate to race or even sex so how is what i said racist
Oh for fucks sake

Salty means ornery, which you clearly are.

Slang; angry, upset, or hostile, especially due to embarrassment or failure: He gets all salty whenever he loses.

Your comment can only be interpreted as racist by a person that knows how to use dictionary.com.

Any further racial comments by anyone will lead to immediate ban. If you don't know if it is racist - just don't post it mmmmmkay?

Last edited:
C

Christos1974

so my humidifier leaked last night and stopped working and will not come on so i need a new one .what is a good cheap humidifier to get
Good morning. Usually any humidifier made by Levoit, check them out on Amazon. They have auto settings and it doesn't take 30 minutes to add enough moisture to air, it will alter the humidity in a 10x10, 5x5, 4x4, in minutes, it also has an app for your phone that allows you to adjust the settings without stepping into the tent, it also has a very large reservoir.

Top Bottom