what is a good home made recipe for fertilizer?

• Thread starter youngkutty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

youngkutty

was just wondering since a lot of products are kinda expincive.

M

Motherhugger

was just wondering since a lot of products are kinda expincive.

While I'm sure there are probably a lot of guys that have their own special recipes for growing, to me, that just seems like too much work and it seems like it's going to be much more expensive if you don't get things exactly right.

Why not just get some nutes and try them out, but don't use too much so you can stretch out your costs as much as possible?

Or you can check on ebay or craigslist for people who are trying to unload their nutes for super cheap.

Seriously though, if you're new to growing, don't start off with making your own nutes. I've seen things go very badly and it's just not worth it. The nute companies know what works.

:weed-sign:

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
When I was growing outdoor in the late 90's I would use my dad's compost from a 6'x6'x5' Box he made in 77. That made my plants flourish and it was free. I had that and some guano, potting soil, little peirlite and a little fish emulsion in the water. That other stuff really isn't that expensive at all. Best of all it was simple. Really damn good results too...

Inside would be a whole other story. On that note, they are some very cheap and effective nute regimens out they. They are not all that expensive.

Good Luck!

If I was growing outside today my recipe would of course be different. Yet, I would still use that compost! literally 20 year old compost all from moms byproduct from the kitchen and dad gardening a 1/2 acre: Veggie skins, stalks, egg shells, grass cuttings and leaves. Stuff that fell out the bottom of that box was gold!

F

farmerjohn

Cheap Nutes

:confused0059:Can't say enuff for composting! Cheap & effective. Chicken wire around a leaf pile can start one. Indoors u can plop it in with your soil mix. I throw some humus & manure in too & mix it in real good. A bag that's hard to carry is $2.
:rasta2:Now the young ladies or seedlings can grow roots without any need for much in the 1st few weeks. Of course there are those that will say hit 'em hard with nutes, but it's not necessary during infancy & even up to flower if you don't veg too long. That's about as cheap as it gets & still know the plants are getting some yummy vitamins.
:boogie:

Blaze

Blaze

Aerated Compost Tea (or ACT) is the way to go IMO though it is not technically a fertilizer. It is however, very effective, and extremely cheap to make once you have a brewer.

st0ne

st0ne

..Even hardware store tomato fertilizer, if that's all you can afford. Miracle Grow works, but isn't a complete fertilizer. Diluted unine is even cheaper.

As in life, your results will equate to your effort.

PS. Growing weed can be an extremely expensive hobby. :D

Good luck.

Top Bottom