What is a good strain for Gulf Coast region?

• Thread starter Cajun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cajun

I live about 30 miles from the coast. The temperature varies widely from the day to the night. I plan to start indoors till they are about 12 inches, then transplant outdoors to a woody area. They have a large ditch nearby that I may be able to draw water from using a long hose. I have many concerns and questions that I would really appreciate some help with. I have grown a couple time before from seed to bud. Although, I have only been successful when I grew indoors. Everytime I tried to grow outdoors, the heat would always stunt the growth of the plants.
In the spring, the plants grow awesome. Just like tomatos. Once the summer comes, they spend all their energy just trying to survive. Then when they flower, the buds are very airy. Nothing you would be able to sell.
I figure I am going to have to grow sativa dominant plants. Would haze and skunk varietys be good choices? I know that skunk is not 100% indica, so will it be fine? I need plants that are going to be very dark green. The darker the better. In August, temperatures will rise above 100*F and then drop to 75*F at night. The humidy also gets very high were I am at. 90% is very common, so I need a strain the will be tolerant to mold too.
Please help me. Not only could I use help figuring out what strain to grow, but I also want to order my seeds as soon as possible. So please recommend breeders and the sites that I can safely order from.

Here is a quick summary of what type of strain I am looking for:
1. Outdoor
2. Mold Resistant
3. Can handle temps above 100*F and below 55*F in late fall
4. Very Dark Green

I would also like to grow a variety with different flowering times if possible. This would help me during harvest. Thanks for you'll help. If I knew as much as you all do, I would definitly help out. The more we all grow, the less the chances of any one of us getting busted.

"One hand washes the other"

Latest posts

Top Bottom