What is a heavy feeder? (difference in PPM in vs out)

• Thread starter GroLex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GroLex

GroLex

Just curious what's considered a "heavy" feeder. If I put 400 PPM in and get 350 PPM from the runoff, is that considered heavy? If not, what kind of PPM difference would be ideal after each event.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

What you described is not an indicator of a heavy feeder. It's too early in the grow to worry about runoff ppm anyway.

A heavy feeder would be a plant that can take 4.0EC or more without getting nute burnt badly.

Later in the grow, the runoff PPM will be higher than input PPM. Flush if it gets 500ppm higher than input.

GroLex

GroLex

What you described is not an indicator of a heavy feeder. It's too early in the grow to worry about runoff ppm anyway.

A heavy feeder would be a plant that can take 4.0EC or more without getting nute burnt badly.

Later in the grow, the runoff PPM will be higher than input PPM. Flush if it gets 500ppm higher than input.
I guess I'm trying to describe how heavy a plant is feeding based on inflow vs runoff PPM. I would assume if the runoff is lower, it's feeding and if the runoff is higher, you've over fertilized...am I wrong?

Top Bottom