What is a reasonable Gram per Watt yield?

• Thread starter Cannagar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannagar

Cannagar

Hey everyone. I am going to be harvesting in a few weeks and am hoping that this harvest outdoes my last one. On my last harvest I achieved a little over 11 ounces (dried and cured) from 1 plant using 3 100 watt LEDs. So if my math is right that’s about 1.03 grams per watt.

How much more than that should I expect to be able to reasonably get with better nutrients; without getting better lights?

Hoping to break the 1.5 gram per watt barrier. Or at least that’s the dream 😆

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Hey everyone. I am going to be harvesting in a few weeks and am hoping that this harvest outdoes my last one. On my last harvest I achieved a little over 11 ounces (dried and cured) from 1 plant using 3 100 watt LEDs. So if my math is right that’s about 1.03 grams per watt.

How much more than that should I expect to be able to reasonably get with better nutrients; without getting better lights?

what size is your growspace/tent ✌️ 🇿🇦

Cannagar

Cannagar

what size is your growspace/tent ✌️ 🇿🇦
I run a 4x4 Vivosun grow tent with 3 mars hydro ts 600s one of which has a small corner of the led panel that went out before my last grow.

I use a vivosun 6in inline fan and an ac infinity carbon filter.

I run a humidifier and dehumidifier in conjunction to control my RH% and use a levoit tower air purifier to keep the air quality good.

One of the last things I really need to get is a better fan because I’m running a small genesis desk fan that doesn’t even oscillate.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I run a 4x4 Vivosun grow tent with 3 mars hydro ts 600s one of which has a small corner of the led panel that went out before my last grow.

I use a vivosun 6in inline fan and an ac infinity carbon filter.

I run a humidifier and dehumidifier in conjunction to control my RH% and use a levoit tower air purifier to keep the air quality good.

One of the last things I really need to get is a better fan because I’m running a small genesis desk fan that doesn’t even oscillate.
is it safe to run the mars like that bro ✌️ 🇿🇦

Cannagar

Cannagar

is it safe to run the mars like that bro ✌️ 🇿🇦
I’ve never heard an issue. But after talking to someone else on here I’m going to be looking into getting different lights. Well I say I haven’t had an issue. But they did shock me once. That’s how part of the panel went out.

Cannagar

Cannagar

835F4378 793C 423C 9B90 5ACD3694C2E5

There is the part of the light panel that went out.

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

i have mine under a 300w Lumatek right now, but i wouldnt even consider getting 1g a watt xD but that is a nice looking plant sir 👍

growsince79

growsince79

Depending on strain, you should get 1-2 oz/sqft with proper lights and nutes.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

No, 1.5 grams per watt is not a dream. It's an achievable mark you'll hit rather easily once you have some experience. You could even hit it this grow with what you already learned on your first. Your plant is looking good! Your tent can likely fit another plant or 2 which can help reach those higher grams per watt ratios.

2 - 2.5 grams per watt is very good. Above that is outstanding.

As for your light with panel that is out ... Not all drivers can compensate for a lost panel so the rest of the board becomes over-driven. Usually this means the light will eventually completely stop working at some point. It's probably time to begin looking for a replacement. I'm also not a fan of Mars Hydro. Quality workmanship during the assembly (at least in the past) has been an issue. Samsung diodes won't fix poor workmanship. There's a handful of companies selling better quality at similar prices. Consider Spider Farmer, Philizon or Viparspectra for better quality on a budget.

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Not sure yet, first time trying this light.. Had a 200w jackson nemesis and got around 150+- on 3 plants, but it was also my first try.. this is my second

Cannagar

Cannagar

No, 1.5 grams per watt is not a dream. It's an achievable mark you'll hit rather easily once you have some experience. You could even hit it this grow with what you already learned on your first. Your plant is looking good! Your tent can likely fit another plant or 2 which can help reach those higher grams per watt ratios.

2 - 2.5 grams per watt is very good. Above that is outstanding.

As for your light with panel that is out ... Not all drivers can compensate for a lost panel so the rest of the board becomes over-driven. Usually this means the light will eventually completely stop working at some point. It's probably time to begin looking for a replacement. I'm also not a fan of Mars Hydro. Quality workmanship during the assembly (at least in the past) has been an issue. Samsung diodes won't fix poor workmanship. There's a handful of companies selling better quality at similar prices. Consider Spider Farmer, Philizon or Viparspectra for better quality on a budget.
Oh really? I thought 2 grams or more per watt was a myth? Or at least so difficult that it was exceedingly rare?

And thanks for the compliments by the way! This will be my second “true” harvest. So fingers crossed 🤞.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Oh really? I thought 2 grams or more per watt was a myth? Or at least so difficult that it was exceedingly rare?

And thanks for the compliments by the way! This will be my second “true” harvest. So fingers crossed 🤞.
To be completely honest, grams per watts/ cost per gram ... those are figures that have far more value in the commercial cannabis industry. Yes, 2 grams per watt is achievable. 2.5 grams per watt? People do it, but its not a claim I've ever made. It's difficult!

As a hobby home-grower, I go about it differently. I spread my plants out so they are easy to take care of. That makes it easier to keep them healthy. Healthy plants provide good yields. A good yield supplies a plentiful harvest. That's all that really matters to me. The biggest difference between my grows and yours is I put more plants in my space. 8 plants in my 4 x 8 or up to 6 plants in my 5 x 5. Two larger plants or up to 4 smaller plants would work well in your 4 x 4 if you train your plants to fit the space starting when they are still small and vegging.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I’ve never heard an issue. But after talking to someone else on here I’m going to be looking into getting different lights. Well I say I haven’t had an issue. But they did shock me once. That’s how part of the panel went out.
They don't have a ground so you have to be careful with the TS600. I haven't had a real chance to check out the Spider Farmer SF1000D but it's better quality. Only thing I don't like is that it's heavy for it's size and puts off some heat. I used it last couple weeks of my last grow.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Quality over quantity wins out. If you pursue one, the other will suffer. No harm in getting better, I just don't think it's prudent to set your sights on GPW or yield per light unless you're chasing money, which isn't what we are supposed to be chasing. At least I'm not. Quality is what I'm chasing.

Cannagar

Cannagar

Quality over quantity wins out. If you pursue one, the other will suffer. No harm in getting better, I just don't think it's prudent to set your sights on GPW or yield per light unless you're chasing money, which isn't what we are supposed to be chasing. At least I'm not. Quality is what I'm chasing.
Quality is definitely the goal. And everything I grow is for personal use so definitely not money haha. Just trying to push myself to see what I can accomplish.

Top Bottom