What Is An Elite Clone Worth?

• Thread starter Green Supreme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Green Supreme

OK so I got into an argument in a chat a few weeks ago bout how much an elite should cost if one was to buy it. I was telling them about Dr.Clone selling Sweet Skunk cuts. When they found out the price was $60/cut they lost it. I have been in the biz quite a while and do know that commercial cuts are about 5 bucks. That's for the same 'ol same 'ol. Now to me a $60 cut can become an unlimited amount of coin, especially if you find one that is not about locally. I have heard of folks paying 10G's for 1 cut, just to have it. It has always been interesting to me how folks can put a lower price on something they would have no access to otherwise. What do yous think? Peace GS

420king-MASSES

the first og kush cuts at one point some people were selling them at 20,000 a pop i know i know sounds like bs but it isnt and then there was kong bought by laughing moon seed company for 40,000 buks american and i know of local dudes selling Chemdog 91[skunk va cut] for 1-200 buks a whack and bluberry super skunk 90 buks all day so a 60 dollar cut of an elite strain is a good price especially if it gets you a niche in your local market

fractal

fractal

It has been a while since I heard of anybody paying real money for cuts. OG days, I was online and remember the Kong fiasco. Cuts are $5 - $5000 it depends on who you know and how much money is burning a hole in your pocket. Im in california and so would never be able to sell a cut for more than 10 bucks. But one thing I don't get is that once you sell a cut it is out there, period and you can't get upset if it gets to everybody. I don't see it being something you can profit from and still keep a secret.

G

Green Supreme

Hey man, in my eyes if you paid for a cut or seed, she's yours. Sounds like a solid business plan. Peace GS

B

Beasters X Haze

any word on that Kong, I saw a thread a few years back with some dude running a little room of it and it looked like a fucking all star.. Crazy shiny leafs that curled under even when healthy, anyone have any info or the pics? Would be cool to see since it's been a few years.

G

Green Supreme

LOL we know the Kong guy. Hear he doesn't have it anymore, but his partner does. Peace GS

L

Lost

If I feel like letting it out there my clones are..... FREE! I usually expect a clone or 2 in return to work with.. :)

G

Green Supreme

My policy has always been to get the person that gets me a cut nugs every time I harvest her. My way of what goes around comes around. Peace GS

420king-MASSES

lost and green supreme i agree its always good to trade and its a real stand-up jesture to continuiously hook a brotha up with nugget every time you harvest from the strain you aquired from them both of your guys policy works for me

Aligee

Aligee

i was offered 200$usd for whitefire !!! its priceless in my book and cuts are not for sale!!!

G

Green Supreme

OK fractal how a bout this then. Numbers and hoarding type issues will cloud the topic. Let us put it this way. Sweet Skunk is an elite cut. Earned it, full on flavor and smell, yield is amazing and the buzz very memorable. Say we give this cut to every grower out there and she is dime a dozen now. Does she lose her status as an elite. I mean the only variable that has changed is her commonality. I think not, maybe yous can argue to the alternative.

Great discussion folks. Keep up the good work folks. Peace GS

B

Bloodline

As a Californian, I wouldn't pay more than 15 dollars for a cut.

People who fall into the "elite cut" craze are big time suckers.

The weed itself is not going to be significantly better than you can find elsewhere.

Look at it this way, Debeers diamonds controls the global limit of diamonds in the market, And claim THEIR diamonds are the best.

Greedy growers are trying to follow the same recipe.

fractal

fractal

OK fractal how a bout this then. Numbers and hoarding type issues will cloud the topic. Let us put it this way. Sweet Skunk is an elite cut. Earned it, full on flavor and smell, yield is amazing and the buzz very memorable. Say we give this cut to every grower out there and she is dime a dozen now. Does she lose her status as an elite. I mean the only variable that has changed is her commonality. I think not, maybe yous can argue to the alternative.

Great discussion folks. Keep up the good work folks. Peace GS

I don't think that availability of a cut makes much of a difference in elite status. Sure makes it less special though, so maybe? It is a good thing because it propels innovation and somebody will eventually decide to pop some new seeds and find the next elite cut.

People get bored of it but nobody is going to pass up a bowl of sour D or chem. OGs been going strong over a decade now with no loss of appreciation.

Sure would like to try some sweet skunk nobody grows that around here.

G

Green Supreme

Bloodline if ya never knew...how can you miss it lol. Peace GS

B

Bloodline

Hey, its the truth. Let's use OG kush as an example.

Is it really that much better than pre-existing strains?

Is it more potent than others? Does it yield better? Of course it can beat out some strains, but not all.

You're just paying for the name and the "exclusivity".

G

Green Supreme

No chancy dude. Before my last raid I had 46 cuts in my veg room, many elites , as I collect elite cuts. Sweet Skunk beat them all for yield. The cannibinoid profile of her is so different that it will rock most every kush lover. She is lemony haze and the smell so beautiful that you get a secondary buzz by leaving the room and rejoining to resmell her. Taste is very similar to what you would expect from the smell.

As an example I will compare her to the UK Cheese. I have read so many folks saying how strong the UK Cheese. Let me say that my friend Visioncreator was first to get that cut too N.America in either 03 or 04. I have been there and done that and did not keep that cut in my veg as it would have displaced something else and I didn't figure it was worth it. Now I have sent many Sweet Skunk nugs in the mail to the fans of this Cheese and everyone of them was rocked.

As to the exclusivity I covered that in that with the scenario about giving it too everyone and does that remove it from elite status. Peace GS

fractal

fractal

Ya man most folks will never encounter the dankest shit known to man. I was blessed and cursed starting out. . . First seedplant I ever grew was the best and still is the best to this day I am trying to find something like that Seattle home bred DANK !

Blessed because it set me on this journey and set my standards HIGH, cursed because well I did not keep that plant and it was the dankest shit I ever smoked. This is not some nostalgia shit, it really was.

So if you don't know then you just don't know.

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

i'd pay $50-$100 for a cut of some really nice strains. but i would much rather do a trade.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if i was to see a cut that did all i needed it to do and i wanted it i would pay for it. Now that i know what my g13/haze is capable of, if i lost it somehow and needed to pay $1000 to get her back i would. i can make that many times over.

think about it this way if you don't keep moms and pay 10 bucks a clone eventually you end up spending alot more then 1k on a strain

O

Old Dirty

Yeah......... Trading elites is always the best way.

but I can see why people wanna pay for elites...not everyone lives on the west coast!

I rather pay for seed......& look for the super elite that only you have!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom