What is best for spider mites?

• Thread starter Cannanugget
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannanugget

Cannanugget

stated in the title. I am looking into either lady bugs or predator mites or maybe both if it will work to control a growing population of spider mites. I plan on hitting them with Floramite SC, which appears to be safe on predator mites and ladybugs from what I read - could be wrong though... If anyone has some good input please let me know. I'd like to have this under control before the plants start flowering in a few weeks.
I'm open to any ideas. My area is a large greenhouse so I'm not sure how well the predatory bugs will do in there, my temps are always above 65* so i think it will be warm enough for them to thrive in there.
Thanks and let me know what you guys and girls think.

:animbong::animbong::animbong::banana1sv6:

I

ibTheMan

SNS to kill um, neem to control.
you should be neem'n your moms all the time, if mixed right you can spray um ah couple times ah day if needed at first then, once ah day, then once or twice ah week for ever.

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

CNS-217??? Never heard of it. I was planning on using Floramite SC and possibly follow up with Forbid 4F if the floramite doesn't get them gone.
But what is this CNS217 who makes it and where to purchase it? Thanks

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

IB - the plants with mites were from a buddy. He's against using the harsh chems to rid the bugs... Myself on the other hand - I just want the motherfuckers out of my grow and I'm still about a month from flowering so i figure use some harsh shit now and then continue with azamax/azatrol afterwards. I'm also curious if the lady bugs or predator mites are even worth ther hassle or if they'll probably just run off and die, being that they will be outside in a greenhouse.

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

just checked out the SNS217. How effective is this stuff really? Are the results comparable to Avid, Floramite, Forbid, etc...??? Just not sure how much confidence I have in a Rosemary extract vs abamectin...

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

... Myself on the other hand - I just want the motherfuckers out of my grow.

lol, werrrrd

i used a sample of it for the same purpose u r. Local shop gave me a sample a while back hence me not knowin its name lol, tried it out on some gifts from a friend and worked great. dead. done deal.

search sns 217 in the search im sure there's lots of personal experiences with it.

good luck

TD

I

ibTheMan

IB - the plants with mites were from a buddy. He's against using the harsh chems to rid the bugs... Myself on the other hand - I just want the motherfuckers out of my grow and I'm still about a month from flowering so i figure use some harsh shit now and then continue with azamax/azatrol afterwards. I'm also curious if the lady bugs or predator mites are even worth ther hassle or if they'll probably just run off and die, being that they will be outside in a greenhouse.

Yah SNS is kinda new, theyll have it at your local grow shop, it kills mites.
if your ah month away from budn, cut of all the leafs that have mites bad(put in zip lock or something and burn!) Neem is 100% natural, and you got plenty of time unless there real bad.
i use regular Dail pump hand soap(used it foreverso dont listen to no one sayn dont) i use 4 pumps ah gallon(which is = to 1 tsp) and 1 1/2 tbsp on neem in hot water,leaven the gallon about only 3/4 full, shake the shit out of it, let it cool, add the rest of the water to make ah gallon and spray the hell out of um, under the leafs alot more then on top. do it right before the lights go off or if on 24 just make sure it isnt real hot or turn off the lights for 30 minutes, neems really safe if done right, ive neemed 2 to 4 times ah day ah sometimes, neems about repetition, use it always in veg and for the first week of budn.
also shake the left over in the gallon every time your by it (at least once ah day, always)

S

Steel Erection

I took a trip out west and brought back some babies. Wound up infesting my mothers. Anyway I used organacide and it seemed to knock them back but the mommas didn't like it. I took 132 cuttings and a week after I took the cuttings I saw friggin webs all over the trays. I got a sample of that sns 217 and sprayed the unrooted cuts with it and it seemed to knock them back with no ill affects. Before I transplanted the cuts I made a dunk out of the azatrol I think it was 2ml a gallon dunked everyone of the 132 for 25 seconds and swirled them around in the dunk. Transplanted no Ill effects. I put fresh Hot Shotz No pest strips in the room and they show no signs of infestation as of yet. I want to run the Azatrol in my rez would anyone have the correct dosage to do this. I'm still havin a problem with my moms, I ordered Floramite today off ebay so I hope it works.

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Right on guys... Thanks for the help. I'm gonna head out tomorrrow and go on a mission to find some Floramite and SNS217. Gonna give the SNS a shot and see how it goes and then if that doesn't do it I'm gonna hit em with the Floramite and then continue weekly with azatrol.

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

a sulphur burner will not help with mites brother - you're thinking of PM. Thanks anyway though.

I think I'm just going to run with Floramite SC. I have another product that is abamectin based ( Flora-Mek ), but I believe that Floramite SC is a much better choice being that it is not such nasty toxic shit and I assume probably safer for me, my dog, and the rest of the environment.

Top Bottom