What Is Better For A Small Vegging Plant?

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Is a 600w at the height where it would be 10,000 lumen better then a 250w at what ever height it takes to get the same 10,000 lumen?

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Pure Bro science but the 600.
Anything reflected back would be increased on a 600?

Bannacis

Bannacis

A 250 watt hps is about 25,000 lu @ 1 foot.
at 2 feet its about 12,50 lu
A 600 watt hps is about 95,000 lu @ 1 foot.
at 2 ft... 47,500 lu
at 3 ft... 23,750 lu
at 4 ft...11,875 lu
So a little over 2 ft for the 250
and 4 ft for the 600
give or take...

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Thanks for the answers, but my point is, is there a difference if the lumen are the same . I know that 600w is the most effecient of the hids. Just didn't know If there was a difference. My guess is the 250 is better if temps aren't a prob. because it's the same lumen at 30%of the electricity.

Bannacis

Bannacis

The differences between the 250 and 600 is the spectrums will be different at the 10k lumens range. there is Lumens: The SI derived unit of luminous flux, a measure of the total quantity of visible light emitted by a source. PAR (Photosynthetically active radiation) ...PAR designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.And is the of light reaching the surface of the plant. This spectral region corresponds more or less with the range of light visible to the human eye.
Better spectrum range is ideal...

I have been seeing a lot of peeps using the same lights in veg as in flower... Its a light spectrum and power its used to. So it doesn't stress and have to adjust. and you get bigger robust veggy plants that are monsters in flower.
The 600 at 4 feet will have a broader spread.
And with the 600 you can lower it to get more light to your canopy if needed...unless you don't plan on going higher than 10k lumens. the 250 will be best to stay in the 10k range at about 2 feet above your canopy.

sumerianak

sumerianak

i have a mh 400 and wondered if i can blast my seedlings with it or will that kill them as they are only a few days old?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

i have a mh 400 and wondered if i can blast my seedlings with it or will that kill them as they are only a few days old?
I usually wait for a week or two before I put them under the mh, but I've seen it done from day one, long as it's not too close and cooking them. I like to keep my seedlings 80℉ at the plant. I put the temp probe right next to the plant. They love it ever time.

THCdurk

THCdurk

You good dawg I veg and plant all my seeds under my 400w hps I just raise it all the way up and put the plants off to the side of the tent.

THCdurk

THCdurk

This grow I'm doing rn is the only grow I've lost seedling that's only because I used some macro plugs to start the plant. Idk why it was some high nigga shit and they died in like a week lmao. Fuck it

Top Bottom