What Is Decarbing?

• Thread starter Omerta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hawkind

Hawkind

After decarb I make into butter, using my go to butter method? Or is my butter method doing the same thing. I was always confused by this. I know my butter is always the fucking bomb so I probably already know the answer.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

After decarb I make into butter, using my go to butter method? Or is my butter method doing the same thing. I was always confused by this. I know my butter is always the fucking bomb so I probably already know the answer.[/QUOTE
I do the same, but I use a Levo Extraction machine to make the butter (no water)..

gwheels

gwheels

Curious how to attain 240' when cooking in water, where max would be boiling? Not busting balls...just sayin.
Really like the concept though...
Sous vise maxes out at boiling but.....a vac seeled bag in an instant pot pressure cooker for 30 minutes should actually work and not have the same weird feeling as doing it in mason jar in a pressure cooker. That would hit 230 to 240

I thought about that....and then i bought an ardent....You put your buds in...push the button....when its done its awesome. I might even infuse something next time.

I ate buds by themselves...buds on toast....buds in eggs. I was baked and it was really great..

It seems expensive but is it? Maximum conversion to THC C with a push of a button and no vac sealing.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Curious how to attain 240' when cooking in water, where max would be boiling? Not busting balls...just sayin.
Really like the concept though...
no bro that 240 temp was for oven method decarb. :D

the rrock

the rrock

I bet you will

I think you are not getting a complete decarb at those settings..I used an accurate oven at 240 for 40 minutes and thought I was good..NOT..The Ardent does it way better than I could.
thanks Buzzer, I will check it out

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I bet you will

I think you are not getting a complete decarb at those settings..I used an accurate oven at 240 for 40 minutes and thought I was good..NOT..The Ardent does it way better than I could.

Hum, I've done the 250F for 30 min. Not bad. The idea here is to degrade the plant material on a molecular level, removing the acid molecule(s) on several chemicals. Over time, this is a natural process, i.e. time, temp, sunlight, humidity, etc. We wish to speed the process. But why are we in such a hurry?

Making tincture will take time. Caps or butter take time. Again, what's the rush?

The last two batches I ran at 220F for 1hr 45min. You've no doubt heard the term Golden Dragon? Yeah, it was like that after a 30 minute soak. Best tincture yet. I hope to experiment with several different times/temps this harvest season.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hum, I've done the 250F for 30 min. Not bad. The idea here is to degrade the plant material on a molecular level, removing the acid molecule(s) on several chemicals. Over time, this is a natural process, i.e. time, temp, sunlight, humidity, etc. We wish to speed the process. But why are we in such a hurry?

Making tincture will take time. Caps or butter take time. Again, what's the rush?

The last two batches I ran at 220F for 1hr 45min. You've no doubt heard the term Golden Dragon? Yeah, it was like that after a 30 minute soak. Best tincture yet. I hope to experiment with several different times/temps this harvest season.
Who said rushing? The conventional knowledge says 40 minutes at 240 d F. If you overcarb, that will also not make the most potent product. The Ardent just takes the GUESSWORK out of it and decarbs perfectly.

gwheels

gwheels

The Ardent just works the best and i dont have to think about it. Push a button and 1 hour 45 or so later it is decarbed.
I think i prefer the taste of the buds too.

Last night I ate a critical mass stellar bud (3 grams) that I decarbed and cooled. IT tasted like grapefruit and black pepper. Like a fantastic IPA.

The terps remain after the decarb and they all taste different.

I need to grow more strains to see what they all taste like :D

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

The Ardent just works the best and i dont have to think about it. Push a button and 1 hour 45 or so later it is decarbed.
I think i prefer the taste of the buds too.

Last night I ate a critical mass stellar bud (3 grams) that I decarbed and cooled. IT tasted like grapefruit and black pepper. Like a fantastic IPA.

The terps remain after the decarb and they all taste different.

I need to grow more strains to see what they all taste like :D
I have a strawberry cough and blueberry that are very distinctively fragrant. Loaded with terps. I'm about to go get an Ardent and check this shit out! :) I'm done using the oven. Where do I get one?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have a strawberry cough and blueberry that are very distinctively fragrant. Loaded with terps. I'm about to go get an Ardent and check this shit out! :) I'm done using the oven. Where do I get one?
Amazon, Ebay, or the Ardent Lift site (they have a $40 coupon..google for it)

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I use a toaster oven purchased at a second hand store for $5.99. Paid $10 for a quality thermometer. The thing keeps the temp within a few degrees. I'm really happy with the results.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I use a toaster oven purchased at a second hand store for $5.99. Paid $10 for a quality thermometer. The thing keeps the temp within a few degrees. I'm really happy with the results.
I thought the same until I tried the Ardent..Even though it's too expensive and built like crap..it just does the job better imo, and the oven is back making food! Ovens, even when accurate (mine is a very accurate LG model), DRIFT as they try to maintain temps, and unfortunately toaster ovens are even worse.

In any case, enjoy your edibles!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

between the Magic Butter and the Ardent - use the magic Butter machine and did not like it wreater make it in a crock pot - but eh ardent looks good but it only de-cards a small amount at one time
Yep..I can only fit about .5 ounces per session with the Ardent, so I run it a few times, allowing it to cool 1st. I never liked the MBM2, but I do own a levo (original) that I like. It also has flaws, but cleanup is simple and you don't strain the butter anymore. (the weed stays in SS pods). I had to add more PODs to make it strong enough, but after a yr+ ..we are dialed in for excellent butter/oil, and tinctures too!:smoking:

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Decarb is pretty simple, just heat it up to a certain temp for a period of time. I don't have the time or temps, but if I was cooking, I never worried about decarbing because the cooking progress takes care of it. Something like Cannabutter probably needs decarbed to insure it will work in all recipes, not just those with heat.
I seem to remember some research indicating that decarbed THC isn't as stable as raw THCa, but I haven't been able to find the citations needed.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Decarb is pretty simple, just heat it up to a certain temp for a period of time. I don't have the time or temps, but if I was cooking, I never worried about decarbing because the cooking progress takes care of it. Something like Cannabutter probably needs decarbed to insure it will work in all recipes, not just those with heat.
I seem to remember some research indicating that decarbed THC isn't as stable as raw THCa, but I haven't been able to find the citations needed.
240 for 40 minutes..conventional wisdom.

H

hawkman

Yep..I can only fit about .5 ounces per session with the Ardent, so I run it a few times, allowing it to cool 1st. I never liked the MBM2, but I do own a levo (original) that I like. It also has flaws, but cleanup is simple and you don't strain the butter anymore. (the weed stays in SS pods). I had to add more PODs to make it strong enough, but after a yr+ ..we are dialed in for excellent butter/oil, and tinctures too!:smoking:

So you recommend it ? In my opinion it MBM is junk !. So you run it agaio with more product aling with the "old" you just made. Considering ordering even thou it cost about $200.00 - you said there is a $20.00 cupon on it ?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

So you recommend it ? In my opinion it MBM is junk !. So you run it agaio with more product aling with the "old" you just made. Considering ordering even thou it cost about $200.00 - you said there is a $20.00 cupon on it ?
The Ardent is also made like carp and not worth that kind of money..BUT if you want perfectly decarbed weed/concentrates..I know of no other choice ATM..EXCEPT the new Levo which has a decarbing function built in (never tried it as mine still works)..That is $350 and they are also made like crap!

Unfortunately until someone comes out with good products that are built well..they are the only alternatives.

Usually Ardent has a $30-40 off coupon on their site (or google for it). They screw you over and want 3 weeks for free shipping, but will ship priority for another $25! (I hate that, but they have the product).

I am decarbing an ounce right now..It took 2 runs in the Ardent and my Levo original is on hr 5!

Latest posts

Top Bottom