what is exact effect of Bushmaster on my organic soil

• Thread starter MImedMJpatient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MImedMJpatient

I figure that using Bushmaster might make it so I cannot call my crop 100% organic but more important to me is whether or not what is in the product will interfere with the living community I have cultivated in my soil for the entirety of my ladies' lives.

Anyone?

M

mrbong73

It seems like it's just kelp. Got an ingredients list?
You probably don't need this. IMO. Liquid kelp can be found most everywhere and should be much cheaper.
If you want bushier plants try topping and/or LST along with kelp for overall health and "other good things".
Good luck!

sky high

sky high

You will still be "organic".

Just be careful with it and believe/follow the instructions if you are going to use it. If it is your first grow with this strain I would hold off and get to know the plant because the BM will change the way things happen/what you see along the way. If you know your strain well you can easily see if it is beneficial for that strain or not and if you like the results you recieve over the untreated product your are historically familiar with.

best of luck

s h

M

MImedMJpatient

Well I used a half dose with the tallest of my Afghans and included only a half dose of Floralicious Plus (no NPK to speak of-mostly carbs, enzymes) and two drops of Superthrive in a gallon. I was going to flush well and then use another dose with a half dose of nutes, resuming full dose feedings the very next feed.

This way, at least, I get to watch how it works and the two that did not get Bushmaster can be a control group.

These plants have been topped twice and at least one acts is if it wants to be a big one. These came from seed at Sensi and I suspect more than one phenotype is present.

D

delamountain

just take easy with it or you end with rock hairy nugs with no resin

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

I believe Bushmaster also contains Gibbrellic (spelling?) Acid on top of the kelp... be careful with the dose though... too much and/or too many applications will result in some extra hairy nuggets. I use it on almost everything these days, but only use it at .25ml - .5ml / gallon. On stretchy stuff like the ECSD cut I've been growing I usually will hit it 2 times in a row and see the results I want. Start with less and see what happens... Bushmaster is some strong shit, but it kicks ass when used properly.

M

MImedMJpatient

I just flushed after first use with Bushmaster. As I said, I used half a dose and am, this time, returning to at least a half strength guano tea as part of the application. There was no negative reaction on the one that I subjected to the test and it hardly seems to have slowed.

You'll notice the downward curl of leaves. I have a much stricter control, now, on the pH. Is that the likely culprit? The new growth DOES seem to be healthier.

IMG 2516
IMG 2517
IMG 2522
H

Hefty

Ive heard mixed things about FF Big Bloom and all FF products first guy tells me at local store Happy Frog and FFOF are organic along with Big Bloom...Then I go in the other day and he says no FoxFarm stuff is organic.....was he just trying to sell me more expensive stuff or are none of there products organic?

sky high

sky high

The first thing he told you is correct. Big Bloom is the only FF fert that is organic...as are the "soils" (OK, "natural and organic"...whatever that means).

The Joker

The Joker

When someone says " I believe". It means they don't know.

I use Bushmaster to control sativas. It's derived from Kelp. Use at 2ml per gallon for three days. Thats it. Any more and you will burn your plants. 2 ml per gallon for two days will slow them down.

If you are using compost teas to replenish your microherd every week or two, there is really no reason to worry about the effects of three days. So far, it's done nothing to my plants other than kill the stretch and make some rock hard buds.

Top Bottom