What is going on here?

• Thread starter Garbage_bear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Ok I have two clones and one plant from seed that have this weird wrinkly look to them. I just want to make sure it's not some kind of disease that can spread to the rest. The plant from seed is a skunk #1 and the clones are black dog kush from bag seed.

What is going on here
What is going on here 2

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Top pic is heat stress or light stress. Bottom pic maybe same, soil could be too rich also...like nitrogen toxicity setting in.not sure.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Top pic is heat stress or light stress. Bottom pic maybe same, soil could be too rich also...like nitrogen toxicity setting in.not sure.
Ok so it is not a disease? I am surprised about heat stress. It has not been hot. All of the other plants looks fine.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ok so it is not a disease? I am surprised about heat stress. It has not been hot. All of the other plants looks fine.
We need more info - soil used , watering and feeding schedule , lights and intensity, temps, rh - not disease looks like a couple issues most environmental

Moshmen

Moshmen

If I had to guess it’s light stress and humidity but that’s just a good guess give us the rest of the grow info

GreenFlexTiger420

GreenFlexTiger420

Could be completely off and looking for them won't help unless you have a ridiculous macro camera or loop

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

We need more info - soil used , watering and feeding schedule , lights and intensity, temps, rh - not disease looks like a couple issues most environmental
Ok so these are all in Dakine 420 OG, organic soils coco mix. I am not feeding as there is enough nutrients in the OG mix to make it a few weeks. I just water when the cups are light. 6.5 PH spring water. I know it has been a little cold at night in the room and low humidity. They are not in a tent. Just a room in my house and my grow room is full right now on 12/12 scheduled plants. I have about fifteen clones and plants and only three have this weird look.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
No it's not a disease. Light stress or heat stress will curl leaf edges up, so that's why i included both as an opinion. Nitrogen tox will crinkle leaves. I've seen a lot of weird stuff, but never seen a super rich soil curl leaf edges up.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

No it's not a disease. Light stress or heat stress will curl leaf edges up, so that's why i included both as an opinion. Nitrogen tox will crinkle leaves. I've seen a lot of weird stuff, but never seen a super rich soil curl leaf edges up.
Would cold cause this? My heater knocked out and was not working for a couple of nights.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Would cold cause this? My heater knocked out and was not working for a couple of nights.
Cold wont crinkle leaves like your bottom pic, no...but it could curl leaf edges up. But usually with cold the plant is all sad looking and down with loss of turgidity. yours isn't. Also high winds may do it...two things i wouldn't expect from indoor grow. The top pic don't bug me from a grower pov, least not yet as new growth up top looks fine. That bottom pic tho, lol...yeah we need to square that away.

2Bad

2Bad

First one makes me think Whats your humidity? The second picture looks like something I recently had took a few nodes to go back to normal. I'm inexperienced so I have no idea what it was.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Most cannabis seeds today come with a virus, and plants undergo several infections but in many cases, it goes unnoticed/asymptomatic. Why professionals use TC.
Could also be pests at the roots.
Referring both times to the second pic.
I'd just toss that plant and medium right away, to diminish any further risks.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Most cannabis seeds today come with a virus, and plants undergo several infections but in many cases, it goes unnoticed/asymptomatic. Why professionals use TC.
Could also be pests at the roots.
Referring both times to the second pic.
I'd just toss that plant and medium right away, to diminish any further risks.
A virus. That makes sense. What do you mean by “Why professionals is TC”?

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Tissue Culture - to isolate the shoot axis meristems in a sterile environment and rebuild the plant out of it.

I've just had a friend discard 5 such young plants because more & more were beginning to look with that brittled appearance, and she said there were whitish, almost transparent very tiny critters in the soil of all the tossed plants.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Cold roots can cause multiple uptake problems ? You have a few variable goin on you’ve caked for those mites right ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Tissue Culture - to isolate the shoot axis meristems in a sterile environment and rebuild the plant out of it.

I've just had a friend discard 5 such young plants because more & more were beginning to look with that brittled appearance, and she said there were whitish, almost transparent very tiny critters in the soil of all the tossed plants.
Root aphids? The worst to diagnose and treat !

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Cold roots can cause multiple uptake problems ? You have a few variable goin on you’ve caked for those mites right ?
I trashed two plants that had that look. The top pic is a skunk #1 that I cannot bring myself to kill. I treated the soil with general hydroponics def guard. It kills root fungus gnats etc so maybe it will help. Now that I am thinking of this I grew a bunch of hemp and had several plants that looked like this. They grew out of it. It makes me think that this is a virus.

Top Bottom