What is going on here?!?!

• Thread starter Norman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Norman

Greetings farmies,
Im posting some pics of a plant I have about 5-10 days out from finish that has some really weird things going on with it. Im feeding with a flowering tea recipe I picked up from a Guano posting. and the feeding has been pretty light over the past 2 weeks since its on its way out. mostly just water. It looks like this leaf curling upwards and browing is working its way all the way up into the bud itself.. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Any more info you need just ask.

Thanks everyone!!
Norman

What is going on here
What is going on here 2
What is going on here 3
What is going on here 4
What is going on here 5
E

E.T.

damn norman, you got some BAD taco leaves going on as well as burned tips...you need to flush those ladies asap. if you're indeed a week or so out from the chop you should be giving them nothing but ph'd water. you're so close to finishing i would do nothing but flush, flush, flush!

N

Norman

damn norman, you got some BAD taco leaves going on as well as burned tips...you need to flush those ladies asap. if you're indeed a week or so out from the chop you should be giving them nothing but ph'd water. you're so close to finishing i would do nothing but flush, flush, flush!

Well from what Ive been reading, since Im using Living Organics with Myco and aerated teas, flushing isnt necesary. This hasnt had tea in 1.5 weeks roughly. But all my other plants, although much further behind, hasnt shown anything but love for the tea recipe Im using. I have flushed thoroughly also..

E

E.T.

just because you're growing with organics, doesn't mean you can't get a buildup of nutrients...beneficials can release too much food if you're not careful. what are you feeding with? what kind of soil? how big are your pots? checking ph?

T

Toes

looks like too much heat/not enough water.

Guano doesn't burn like that especially the low N flowering tea mix. the bud leaves are considered new growth. so you know it's not RA or most root damaging critters that effect the old growth. If your old growth is doing this check for root damaging critters. new growth suggests the above. unless your hitting with a 50% P bloom booster... even then... flush with pure water.

N

Norman

just because you're growing with organics, doesn't mean you can't get a buildup of nutrients...beneficials can release too much food if you're not careful. what are you feeding with? what kind of soil? how big are your pots? checking ph?
Im feeding with an aerated tea recipe that I found on the farm, from the user Guano. Its the exact same recipe Ive used for 3 runs now with no problems, even the current plants arent showing any of these signs. Just this plant. Ive cut out the tea for the past week and a half and flushed thoroughly for the past 3 waterings. It only seems to be getting worse. Im using Fox farm ocean floor and fox farm happy frog mix. Using mycos also.

looks like too much heat/not enough water.

Guano doesn't burn like that especially the low N flowering tea mix. the bud leaves are considered new growth. so you know it's not RA or most root damaging critters that effect the old growth. If your old growth is doing this check for root damaging critters. new growth suggests the above. unless your hitting with a 50% P bloom booster... even then... flush with pure water.
A few weeks back this plant got super super dry and wilted really bad. Could this have anything to do with it? I leave my water in my res for over 24 hours before using it in order to dechlorinate. And like I said above, this is the only plant of 4 total that is showing these issues. the other 3 are looking healthy as a horse! No bloom booster, completely organic, and very low dose of the low N guano.Thank you!!!!

C

CAPO

i started RO water filtration 4 rounds ago and I have no problems any more.

N

Norman

If it was a water problem wouldnt all of my plants be showing the same characteristics??

green punk

green punk

From the looks of the older leaf, down low in the fourth photo, it looks like the devil has visited your garden. Looks like the new wave pest, Root Aphid damage. Take a close look. If you have any other plants that are younger check them ASAP. RA's make a mite infestation seem tame.
What is that screen/spreader on that plant?

Good Luck, Grow Hard

N

Norman

From the looks of the older leaf, down low in the fourth photo, it looks like the devil has visited your garden. Looks like the new wave pest, Root Aphid damage. Take a close look. If you have any other plants that are younger check them ASAP. RA's make a mite infestation seem tame.
What is that screen/spreader on that plant?

Good Luck, Grow Hard

The screen is just a general plant screen I got at Home Depot in the gardening section but it does have some type of coating on it.. And it is a recent addition to the plant..

green punk

green punk

If you find RA in your stuff, I believe there maybe a common theme(that brand). I may seem paranoid about this bug, no BS they suck. Do you know any body else (peers) with these symptoms on there girls? Sharing clones etc, common plant stock source?. It seems alot of the FF users have this bug. I said it again.
People need to speak up on this subject(medium brand and local of purchase.)

N

Norman

Here are a couple shots of my other plants, I found a couple of the leaves "canoeing" or "taco leaf" whatever you wanna call it. Could this be an early sign of RA also? or at least a common theme? Yes I know, they look very thirsty.

DSC 0006
DSC 0007
DSC 0008
DSC 0009
DSC 0010
DSC 0011
C

CAPO

If it was a water problem wouldnt all of my plants be showing the same characteristics??

I don't wanna distract you from any other possible causes, preaching the pros of RO. I just want you to know how nice it is to eliminate it from your list of possibilities. IME some strains are very sensitive to poor PH ranges, chemicals and if from a well, you could encounter strange bacterial problems.
Since I switched up, I have no longer encountered strange phantom diseases. Some municipalities have taken to using chloramine...which cannot be evaporated or bubbled out.

hiboy

hiboy

Flush with clearex and check your run off. See what your ppm is.
I dont think bugs would do that, more like a chemical problem. How hot is it in your grow room>?
h

green punk

green punk

If the RA are there, in sufficient numbers you could see them on your white trays;tiny multicolor ones, tank beetle, winged some times confused with gnats. At this stage, finish the crop, dissect root mass(es). Take disinfecting measures.

Good Luck, Grow Hard

Top Bottom