What is going on?!

• Thread starter Parrottroop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Parrottroop

Parrottroop

Hey everyone, so as a bit of background, I am growing autoflower white widow. Unfortunately, I had to leave my babies for a week unexpectedly and when I got back on Sunday I think I over corrected the under watering that they were subjected to during that week (gave them water on back to back days). I also swapped out my 90w LEDs for a Mars Hydro T1000 (150w) when I got back. While I realize this was probably pretty stressful for them, one of my plants bounced back very quickly and seems to be thriving. They are both in happy frog soil and the only difference is that the one that’s doing well is in a 3 gallon pot, and the one that’s hurting is in a 2 gallon fabric pot.
I haven’t given either of them nutes yet (was going to start this week), only 6.5 ph’d tap water.
I know it’s a shot in the dark, but is the strange growth due to the overwatering, the light, lack of nutes, or maybe even wind burn (the plant that was hurting was in front of the intake fan)?
Any tips on how to bring them back to life? Will they recover? I’ve held off on watering so that they could dry up a bit (why the soil looks dry), but was planning on doing a very low dose of nutes along with the next watering.

Thanks so much!!!
What is going on
What is going on 2

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Slow down :D

Your water ph is good but what is the run off PH?

After a week of being dried out theres going to be flucuations at the root zone. Need run off to check ph down under her skirt.

Ask for permission before you invade her no no zone ;0

Once thats done, and you get a reading of the PH at ROOT ZONE, correct what looks like the start of an MG def. Likely easily fixable by just adjusting the ph back to correct at root zone.

If the ph at run off is higher then 7 next watering drop your ph to a 5.5 and check run off ph again. Should be closer to a 6 at run off thats ideally what you want.

From there.. Stop over watering.. shes over watered and her pot may be a tad too big which contributes to the longer drying out times..Infact as i look again yes that pots way too fucking big.

Shes a solo cup kinda bitch for another week or 2.. So yeah shes well over watered and that don't mean your watering too often which yes you did but still.. it means the pot takes too long to dry out 4-5 days or more..

correct these and report back.

Parrottroop

Parrottroop

Slow down :D

Your water ph is good but what is the run off PH?

After a week of being dried out theres going to be flucuations at the root zone. Need run off to check ph down under her skirt.

Ask for permission before you invade her no no zone ;0

Once thats done, and you get a reading of the PH at ROOT ZONE, correct what looks like the start of an MG def. Likely easily fixable by just adjusting the ph back to correct at root zone.

If the ph at run off is higher then 7 next watering drop your ph to a 5.5 and check run off ph again. Should be closer to a 6 at run off thats ideally what you want.

From there.. Stop over watering.. shes over watered and her pot may be a tad too big which contributes to the longer drying out times..Infact as i look again yes that pots way too fucking big.

Shes a solo cup kinda bitch for another week or 2.. So yeah shes well over watered and that don't mean your watering too often which yes you did but still.. it means the pot takes too long to dry out 4-5 days or more..

correct these and report back.
Haha thanks for the quick reply! Since they’re auto flowers I started them in their final pot as I hear that transplanting isn’t great for autos. Will definitely check the runoff PH on the next watering, but if it’s caused by being in a pot that’s too large wouldn’t the one in the larger pot be doing worse? Instead the one is a regular 3 gallon plastic pot seems to be doing better...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Haha thanks for the quick reply! Since they’re auto flowers I started them in their final pot as I hear that transplanting isn’t great for autos. Will definitely check the runoff PH on the next watering, but if it’s caused by being in a pot that’s too large wouldn’t the one in the larger pot be doing worse? Instead the one is a regular 3 gallon plastic pot seems to be doing better...

I've come to the same conclusion transplanting autos does cause issues but also final pots = hella easy to over water.. its a tough call, i mean there autos so there gonna grow till they stop one way or the other, im not sure stunting them with transplanting inhibits that over all time period or not.. my 1st grow with autos so time will tell us both eh :D

Yes and no, theres a ton of variables as to why 1 is doing better, genetics could be the most simple answer, root size root strength, VPD, water uptake, nute uptake, soil density, soil perlite level, the amount of worm castings down to a fucking turd! :P

Too many variables :D

Parrottroop

Parrottroop

I've come to the same conclusion transplanting autos does cause issues but also final pots = hella easy to over water.. its a tough call, i mean there autos so there gonna grow till they stop one way or the other, im not sure stunting them with transplanting inhibits that over all time period or not.. my 1st grow with autos so time will tell us both eh :D

Yes and no, theres a ton of variables as to why 1 is doing better, genetics could be the most simple answer, root size root strength, VPD, water uptake, nute uptake, soil density, soil perlite level, the amount of worm castings down to a fucking turd! :P

Too many variables :D
Yeah this is my very first grow so I’m trying to nail everything down haha. My hope is that the on in the big pot is doing better because there was more soil (and because there was more soil there were more available nutrients)...next watering will be with very mild nutes, so if they bounce back I’ll have my answer.

Does the one in tough shape look like any kind of nutrient deficiency?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah this is my very first grow so I’m trying to nail everything down haha. My hope is that the on in the big pot is doing better because there was more soil (and because there was more soil there were more available nutrients)...next watering will be with very mild nutes, so if they bounce back I’ll have my answer.

Does the one in tough shape look like any kind of nutrient deficiency?

Kinda but more just looks over watered, maybe the start of a nute issue but again could be a ROOT issue from over watering..

correct the over watering issue and wait a few days and check again to see how they look.

Parrottroop

Parrottroop

Kinda but more just looks over watered, maybe the start of a nute issue but again could be a ROOT issue from over watering..

correct the over watering issue and wait a few days and check again to see how they look.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but by correcting the watering issue, do you just mean let it dry out for a few more days? Should I wait to water again until the plant starts looking better?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but by correcting the watering issue, do you just mean let it dry out for a few more days? Should I wait to water again until the plant starts looking better?

Yes wait and water till that pot is BONE DRY!

Light as a feather stiff as my .. i mean stiff as a board!

Latest posts

Top Bottom