What is happening to my sprouting plants

• Thread starter elektradw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrPeeper

DrPeeper

Set lights aside, they are beyond over watered as well as cut off from O2. Even in my fast drying coco I only use a turkey baster of water every few days. Much better than pouring in and I don't understand this misting junk. If you dome them, they don't need to have mist on them. That's just inviting a cornucopia of issues. At most, mist the dome once and that's it. Honestly don't even need to do that, it will create it's own humidity quickly. I empathize, it's so hard to leave them alone. We want to water them, and feed them, and breathe on them. Heck, some even play music for them.

elektradw

elektradw

Set lights aside, they are beyond over watered as well as cut off from O2. Even in my fast drying coco I only use a turkey baster of water every few days. Much better than pouring in and I don't understand this misting junk. If you dome them, they don't need to have mist on them. That's just inviting a cornucopia of issues. At most, mist the dome once and that's it. Honestly don't even need to do that, it will create it's own humidity quickly. I empathize, it's so hard to leave them alone. We want to water them, and feed them, and breathe on them. Heck, some even play music for them.
Wow, I am totally blown away by all the responses. This is my 7th grow season and every year there are a myriad of problems to overcome. Fungus gnats was the nastiest of all. I do tend to overwater and for sure I blasted them with too many photons. I will not give up and still have 3 that might just survive after taking the advise above. I am now just running one lamp with 4 of 8 bulbs so thats 200watts. Im no scientist so I just do my best. I think the problems with this year was soil (too hot) and too much light as well as overwatering. Somehow Iv managed to harvest 6-9oz of decent smokeables every year but it is a tough job. Here are picture of last years grow. So I am totally vexed. Its a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. And to top it off I now have a dispensary a block from my house that always has discounted specials. So I may just give up the hassle trying to grow its really a daily headache.

IMG 4352
IMG 8638
elektradw

elektradw

Wow, I am totally blown away by all the responses. This is my 7th grow season and every year there are a myriad of problems to overcome. Fungus gnats was the nastiest of all. I do tend to overwater and for sure I blasted them with too many photons. I will not give up and still have 3 that might just survive after taking the advise above. I am now just running one lamp with 4 of 8 bulbs so thats 200watts. Im no scientist so I just do my best. I think the problems with this year was soil (too hot) and too much light as well as overwatering. Somehow Iv managed to harvest 6-9oz of decent smokeables every year but it is a tough job. Here are picture of last years grow. So I am totally vexed. Its a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. And to top it off I now have a dispensary a block from my house that always has discounted specials. So I may just give up the hassle trying to grow its really a daily headache.
as you can see from the pics 5 of 6 little ones died on me last year also. I replanted 5 which is why they look younger. Iv also given up mixing Sativas with Hybrids as they grow too tall.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

I think they be ok but just a guess.
I'm not gonna try. It's 9am and the sun started coming in the window @ 30K. Will be 50k in an hour and stay there til 3:30 or so. If it was warmer, I could take them outside for 100K lux and they thrive. The plants love it. Try putting seedlings under 100k lumens of LED for an hour.

Latest posts

Top Bottom