What is happening to them? Things are looking grim.

• Thread starter Hobblebush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hobblebush

Hobblebush

I cant seem to figure it out. Room temp 70-73˚, humidity is 50-55%, pH is 6.5 with 2-6ppm. Its just straight rainwater, i pulled off nutes since I was seeing nitrogen clawing. But the soil is fresh and should be plenty... I just repotted them to get a look at the root mass and also to get them out of those shitty plastic pots. They were in steady decline, leaves dropping and dying. The one with more leaves is doing way better, no strong leaf death but sagging so much. The one directly below is having a really tough time. I treat them to same as my other plants and haven't been overwatering the others. I took care of my gnat issue as well, haven't seen one in weeks. The weren't super robust and the plants really haven't seen much growth at all since i topped them. I thought it could be shock, I might start again with the nutes but I'm completely lost on what they need. I havent watered since the light spritz i gave the roots when transplanting 4 days ago, probably havent done a proper watering in 2 weeks. at one point they looked so depressingly sad i gave them a small small watering in hopes they would slightly perk up, but to try and avoid overwatering.

What is happening to them things are looking grim

What is happening to them things are looking grim 3

^This guy has already had two leaves removed because they were in such bad shape. definitely looking the worst, and those petioles are purple to the max.

What is happening to them things are looking grim 2

What is happening to them things are looking grim 4

This plant is thriving, about a month older than the little ones and under the same conditions. Different strain, ' Southern Mountain Cheese

What is happening to them things are looking grim 5

These guys are about 2 weeks in and also doing great. The leaves coming in were weirdly wrinkled, but i think that its genetic since they had identical leaving abnormalities and are the same strain.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They sure aren't going to get any airflow tucked way down in those pots. Look how the others are up and open.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Someone said they think it needs more food? I just don’t know if it’s over watered and don’t want to continue the issue
No way in hell it needs food is the cause. Idk what your watering practices are but that would be my guess. How often are you watering and how much?

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

No way in hell it needs food is the cause. Idk what your watering practices are but that would be my guess. How often are you watering and how much?
The last time I did a legitimate watering With runoff was 7 days ago. I may have done a very light foliar spray 2 days ago I can’t remember. if anything it was light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I mean the soil doesn't look overly wet but when you stick your finger down a couple knuckles is it damp?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That yellowing at the base of the stem would lead me to believe that it's overwatered or atleast was and there may be some root issues.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are they on a cold floor? Root zone temps should be around 70f ideally maybe stuff a thermometer in there.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Are they on a cold floor? Root zone temps should be around 70f ideally maybe stuff a thermometer in there.
They are on a cold floor. The basement stays around 65 degrees. But this problem started when they were still in tiny pots elevated above the ground. So I think it’s something else. Also when I stick a finger above the second buckle it’s slightly damp. Enough to be a darker color compared to the surface bone dry stuff.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They are on a cold floor. The basement stays around 65 degrees. But this problem started when they were still in tiny pots elevated above the ground. So I think it’s something else. Also when I stick a finger above the second buckle it’s slightly damp. Enough to be a darker color compared to the surface bone dry stuff.
Then they don't need watering yet. I would try to get them up off the floor in a warmer climate. Let pot dry out. I can't tell you exactly when to water bit if you fill up another bag dry and lift it it will give you an idea. It should be a bit heavier than the dry pot. In cold temps and a small plant in that size container it going to be a pita IMO

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Then they don't need watering yet. I would try to get them up off the floor in a warmer climate. Let pot dry out. I can't tell you exactly when to water bit if you fill up another bag dry and lift it it will give you an idea. It should be a bit heavier than the dry pot. In cold temps and a small plant in that size container it going to be a pita IMO

ill raise them up but i have no idea what to do to stop their decline

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I didn’t think it was necessary. Stays at 73during light on and get down to 65 minimum at night
To cold at night and at that age depending on the lighting used they will do much better in temps from 77-80f

But next time I would up pot as they grow... Like I say watering is going to be a big challenge in those

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I havent watered since the light spritz i gave the roots when transplanting 4 days ago, probably havent done a proper watering in 2 weeks
I could be completely wrong here cuz overwatering and underwatering do look similar but from what you said and from what I see I'm not sure those plans are overwatered? I think there's a possibility they may be thirsty and that's causing the drooping, did you check the mixture down deeper than a few inches for wetness, maybe put a bamboo stick if you use them or a chopstick or something similar deep down in there and see if it comes up muddy or dry?

dire wolf

dire wolf

To cold at night and at that age depending on the lighting used they will do much better in temps from 77-80f

But next time I would up pot as they grow... Like I say watering is going to be a big challenge in those
👆 its become more popular with new growers to just drop seedlings or clones straight into 3 or 5 gal containers , i still go strictly with stage growing containers , put small plants into small containets , let root , up pot to next size ,
2 or 3 transplants till final container , relieves a lot of space , water , nutrient issues in my experience
Just my experience , others may disagree....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

👆 its become more popular with new growers to just drop seedlings or clones straight into 3 or 5 gal containers , i still go strictly with stage growing containers , put small plants into small containets , let root , up pot to next size ,
2 or 3 transplants till final container , relieves a lot of space , water , nutrient issues in my experience
Just my experience , others may disagree....
For what it's worth This hydro grower agrees with ya 100%. I will being turning to the dirt side very very shortly. It should be an interesting ride.

Top Bottom