what is happening?

• Thread starter amateur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

amateur

4 weeks into flowering, so about half-way, this always seems to happen to my plants. it starts about half-way and makes it's way towards the top. Is it a deficiency, an overdose, heat stress? I checked the water that leached from the plants, ph was at 6.0 and the ppm's were at 600. Nothing that I think is abnormal. I think the lights might be too close but i don't want to put them to high to avoid them from stretching. I have 1000 watt hps with a regular angel-wing reflectors and I keep them around 24 inches away. They are always at about that distance so why the heat stress after 4 weeks of flowering, this is why i am more inclined to think it has something to do with either a deficiency or an excess of salts in the soil. Take a look at the pictures, they are pretty clear. It starts from a light case of the problem, to serious damage to the leaves. Please help...

What is happening
What is happening 2
G

GDaze

bit of mag def but how's the drainage and watering? are you watering a lot & often :rain

T

Thick Smoke

if your in soil ya need to up the ph a bit. 6.0 is to low they like between 6.5 and and 7.2 in my expierience. i just resolved a ph prob myself too.

L

Lee

are you in soil. i read soil turns acidic over time. do you mix in lime with your soil. its worked for me so far. did you try flushing your medium. if in soil whats your soil ph? it looks like ph problem to me but i can't tell you for sure cause i'm a newb. better get a second opinion. in soil i feed my plant around 6.5 to 7 ph

S

Swiffy80

Hello mate im suffering from a similar problem as we speak it looks almost identical and sounds similar...

Does it affect the Fan leaf before the bottom node?
Wat is your soil mix?
Have you added any feed to the water , if so how many ml? per liter?

Im dont think its your light

I thought i had over feed mine too (however i dont think that is the case) and was unsure if i should have feed them more to correct the problem i that wat you think nute burn?
im a newb too i tryed a organic feed last night just waiting to see now fingers crossed
Hope i anit doubled up on the feed or its back to the nursery ...

cant find my camera lead shit ..........

S

Salty

Umm...:shake

I think you had it right with salt buildup. It's looking like a potassium deficiency.

What soil are you using? Any additives? Are you using nutrients? Which kind and what schedule.

P

ProGroWannabe

Ya definitely need to fill us in with the proper info that Salty is askin for. Knowing what your using on the girls will make it much easier to determne how ya got to this point.

As far as what I see...The first thing that happened was overfert. Look at the brown, curled tips on the leaves....classic sign. In most overferts that I've seen, if the problem is allowed to go on for too long, the result will be the continued browning along the serrations of the leaves...again just like in your pics.

pH issues will typically show up as small brown specks in random places on the leaf surface. They typically don't show any particular pattern or progression--just random.

There could possibly be a mag deficiency going on, as the symptoms are similar. However, the very first thing after supplying us the proper info on what your using, is to flush the hell out of them with pH corrected water.

Fill a 5 gallon bucket with water, then correct the pH to around 6.8 or so. Place your plant (pot and all of course) in the bathtub, then slowly pour water into the pot while allowing it to drain out of the bottom. If your pots are 2 gallons, then use 6 gallons of water for your flush---that way you know that you flushed thoroughly and won't have to question it later. A one gallon pot would require 3 gallons of water.

Once they are flushed thoroughly, mix up a dose of nutes that are only HALF-STRENGTH of what you've been feeding them. Feed them with this immediately after the flushing is done.

Note: The crispy growth will not recover, so you have to watch the newest growth to see if they are improving.

FYI for the future....if your having problems with your plants, 90% of the time a good flush is the first step in proper correction.

L

Lee

Ya definitely need to fill us in with the proper info that Salty is askin for. Knowing what your using on the girls will make it much easier to determne how ya got to this point.

As far as what I see...The first thing that happened was overfert. Look at the brown, curled tips on the leaves....classic sign. In most overferts that I've seen, if the problem is allowed to go on for too long, the result will be the continued browning along the serrations of the leaves...again just like in your pics.

pH issues will typically show up as small brown specks in random places on the leaf surface. They typically don't show any particular pattern or progression--just random.

There could possibly be a mag deficiency going on, as the symptoms are similar. However, the very first thing after supplying us the proper info on what your using, is to flush the hell out of them with pH corrected water.

Fill a 5 gallon bucket with water, then correct the pH to around 6.8 or so. Place your plant (pot and all of course) in the bathtub, then slowly pour water into the pot while allowing it to drain out of the bottom. If your pots are 2 gallons, then use 6 gallons of water for your flush---that way you know that you flushed thoroughly and won't have to question it later. A one gallon pot would require 3 gallons of water.

Once they are flushed thoroughly, mix up a dose of nutes that are only HALF-STRENGTH of what you've been feeding them. Feed them with this immediately after the flushing is done.

Note: The crispy growth will not recover, so you have to watch the newest growth to see if they are improving.

FYI for the future....if your having problems with your plants, 90% of the time a good flush is the first step in proper correction.

i have to agree. this has worked for me in the past. also in soil you should be flushing the soil ever 30 days and a 2 weeks before havest

Top Bottom