What Is Happening??

• Thread starter jai Mangione
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jai Mangione

jai Mangione

First timer...I planted 12 bag seeds, 5 of them made it to almost 4 weeks now. I am growing outdoors and have not given any nutrients, and only watered when pots were light.

One of the seedlings, the leaves are cupping down. I have been looking for anything that resembles it, but am not having much luck.

Anyone have a clue what this is?

What is happening
What is happening 2
What is happening 3
What is happening 4
What is happening 5
jai Mangione

jai Mangione

If there are no nutrients in the soil it is time for a light feeding.

Any recommendations to use? I have been trying to research what to use...I only have a home depot that is close and I see a ton of MG products...and I don't want to use those. Want to stay organic...

SpiderK

SpiderK

the Espoma organic line is carried by home depot. let your soil dry out some between watering and feeding. maybe cut a hole in the side of each pot so you can check dampness near the bottom of each plant container. let the top soil dry out, you will soon be able to tell later on as they get bigger by the weight of each pot before watering and a few days later ..... you want fresh oxygen entering topsoil then getting pulled into dry soil near the middle as you water ..... i make my own airpots with chicken wire fencing with black cloth for weeds ( both sold at home depot ). stake inside of circle you make with fencing, then drap cloth over fence and use rebar tie wire securing everything. i then leave one part open near seam so i can check the water near the top, middle and bottom with my finger thru wire mesh. the middle will hold moisture much longer than top 1/3rd... i wait until its almost bone dry in the top 2/3rds ......

& do not feed them nutrients every time, your better off giving them water only and just sprinkle dry nutrients on the top soil. then read the plants, if it looks like it needs more nutes, then sprinkle a little bit up top. then read how they look a week later .... but the espoma and guano will hold up really well in the pots so not much feeding will be needed.

http://www.espoma.com/products/organic-plant-foods/

you can start off w/ ( organic start - starter plant food ) then use some Garden-Tone / Tomato-Tone combo ( 50 / 50 ) once they are bigger. just follow the directions on the back, but you will not need that much per pot. they will stay nice and green during grow.

if you want, pick up some bat guano online also if you can. ( sunleaves.com ) - ( Mexican 10~1~1 High Nitrogen ) for veg, ( Jamaican 0~10~0 High Phosphorus ) for flowering ........ but both are a slow release so only apply a few times during each cycle, go light with each.

and try keeping them in a little shade from 10.a.m - 1 pm , not hidden totally from sun but indirect light under tree branch ...... so they catch a break during high point of the day but still receive the early sun and afternoon sun. so they are not pounded 12 hrs per day .....

Last edited:
jai Mangione

jai Mangione

the Espoma organic line is carried by home depot. let your soil dry out some between watering and feeding. maybe cut a hole in the side of each pot so you can check dampness near the bottom of each plant container. let the top soil dry out, you will soon be able to tell later on as they get bigger by the weight of each pot before watering and a few days later ..... you want fresh oxygen entering topsoil then getting pulled into dry soil near the middle as you water .....

http://www.espoma.com/products/organic-plant-foods/

you can start off w/ ( organic start - starter plant food ) then use some Garden-Tone / Tomato-Tone combo ( 50 / 50 ) once they are bigger. just follow the directions on the back, but you will not need that much per pot. they will stay nice and green during grow.

if you want, pick up some bat guano online also if you can. ( sunleaves.com ) - ( Mexican 10~1~1 High Nitrogen ) for veg, ( Jamaican 0~10~0 High Phosphorus ) for flowering ........ but both are a slow release so only apply a few times during each cycle, go light with each.

and try keeping them in a little shade from 10.a.m - 1 pm , not hidden totally from sun but indirect light under tree branch ...... so they catch a break during high point of the day but still receive the early sun and afternoon sun. so they are not pounded 12 hrs per day .....
Thanks so much for you response! I am going to go take a long trip down each isle in the garden section at home depot and bring that list of products that is good to use and see what they have.

As far as moving them in the shade, I have been doing that in the hottest part of the day..between 10-2 and under a little shade the rest of the day. We have had some pretty good thunderstorms so I have been bringing my girls inside so they don't get too much wind and rain and they go back out after.
Much appreciated!!

SpiderK

SpiderK

if you do not like ordering online home depot will source the espoma for you from another store then just pick it up when it comes in. i would stick with espoma organic line.

if your home every day even better. try picking up neem oil if you have bug issues later on even without the bugs, the plants really love neem. its been used for thousands of years in india. but source pure neem oil not mix from home depot unless its the only option. Dyna-Grow makes a very good neem leaf polish 100% natural. then just read the direction and dilute in spray bottle. only mix enough for one drenching of plants, then clean the spray bottle with hot water. if you store it and reuse it will clump up in bottle as it sits and will clog your sprayer and looks funky, turns white .....

but if you get the espoma, guano and neem your set with just these items. should turn out some dank -

Top Bottom