What is next and who will create it???

• Thread starter jasongood31
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jasongood31

jasongood31

In the 80's anything that had a strong aroma was called "skunk budS"...

In the 90's anything decent with no seeds was called "chronic" ....

For the last 8 years or so now most call any sour,og,chem,headband,skunk ect,,, are known as "KUSH" ( to the common folk)

It seems that we all seem to fall in love every decade or so with a specific strain and My question to the farm is what strain do we all think is "next"?

I am going to wait to see feedback from others till chime in with my opinion.....

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
My guess is it will come out of jeffadies lab of funk....and him being the fellow he is who knows what the name will be!!!!lmao( if you read this sorry bro i had to lol)

KMK:hi

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
My guess is it will come out of jeffadies lab of funk....and him being the fellow he is who knows what the name will be!!!!lmao( if you read this sorry bro i had to lol)

KMK:hi

LMFAO....Wyatt Earp bitches!!!

darkmatter

darkmatter

i think technology will be next ,affordable mega watt led lights and dyson like inline fans.for new strains think its all already been done, peaked, until some serious science manipulation goes down, for the worse most likely. maybe some sativa type that everybody gets behind, i have trouble understanding or realizeing what im feeling with the sativas ive grown, but im still intrested in searchin for something better.to much hype, carrot chaseing, if i had it i would sell it, all you want come and get it ,but i dont, so ill just keep lurking.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
It is a really interesting question. I haven't the foggiest clue of what will be next but i would imagine whatever it is it will be badass.

S

sfzoo

It seems to be Fire. Everyone is calling good bud 'Fire'

Which i'm sure is how Fire OG got its name. Which brings us full circle. Everyone is jockin Rascals gear(for good reason) and the name is evocative.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Squirt

i think technology will be next ,affordable mega watt led lights and dyson like inline fans.for new strains think its all already been done, peaked, until some serious science manipulation goes down, for the worse most likely. maybe some sativa type that everybody gets behind, i have trouble understanding or realizeing what im feeling with the sativas ive grown, but im still intrested in searchin for something better.to much hype, carrot chaseing, if i had it i would sell it, all you want come and get it ,but i dont, so ill just keep lurking.

Not that I think you are wrong about the technology bit, I think it is more than likely, but I disagree that the genetic variety and phenotypic expression has been fully realized. With the new generation of "medicinally-minded" cultivators/breeders who recognize the importance of the other cannabinoids and terpenoids in creating the medical effect necessary for specific conditions, I think we are just beginning to come to a point where very new types of cannabis will emerge- and in fact are emerging through some of the Spanish seed companies, whose goal it is to create cannabis with equal levels of THC and CBD.

And I feel that as long as seed providers and travelers keep us in strong landrace genetics, the cornucopia of medicinal and recreational cannabis will continue to proliferate.

With that said, I hear big things about a new(ish?) strain called Squirt going around the SoCal scene now. Haven't heard much besides my teachers saying "whoa", and that is enough to make me pay attention. Apparently it's a great strain on it's own, but is supposed to really shine through in breeding, adding major resin production, increasing gland size and output in terms of frequency.

I looked on-line a bit and at this point can't find any info aside from it being listed "clone only".

Anyone here with info on Squirt, or its progeny? The name of which I can't remember, some set of initials is all I was given.

I

ibTheMan

Yah but the best Haze is SuperSilverHaze, and if its real you cant get a better Haze,Cant.
only way ah breeder is go n to kill it is with my SK#6 mixed with something real dank.

audius

audius

i think the next BIG thang would be nation wide legalazation. i know i didnt spell that right but ya know what im talking about. personally , im jelous of all the legal states, when i go visit my bros in bigbear its like ,what is the rest of the nation waiting on?

Onespark

Onespark

Yah but the best Haze is SuperSilverHaze, and if its real you cant get a better Haze,Cant.
only way ah breeder is go n to kill it is with my SK#6 mixed with something real dank.

SuperSilverHaze is the bomb. Best Haze? I guess that is in the eye of the beholder. There are so many amazing haze plants out there. Haze always brings something special to a hybrid. I am playing with Blue Michoacan and Tom hill haze F2's at the moment. Have not had a pure SSH for a little while now.

I think the next big thing could be blends. Using different plants together to fine tune the effects for medical uses. I have been playing with it and you can really get different effects by combining things. Certain strains compliment each other in new and amazing ways. If you have high CBD or certain cannabanoid combos you can shape consistent medicine for certain ailments that may not be available by using one plant.

S

Skunkenstein

Onespark, I cant Believe you mentioned ''Blue Michoacan'', I used too Rant and Rave about it over 25yrs ago..People looked at me Like I was Nutts. Namely cuz Nobody Knew What it was..!! Not to make a short story Long..But that and the OAXACAN were the Shiiiit!! If you could Grow and Package any of that, you would be in Tall Cotton my Brother!! I think Reserecting the Strains of Legend is Wher it's at...all Long Flowering Tropical Sativa's for the most part!

jasongood31

jasongood31

Great feedback pharmer's!!!! here is my take............

Skunk is a landrace cross, without thoose original landrace strains there is no skunk!!! My point in saying that is, it is all about breeding and finding wich certaint strains compliment eachother the best!!! here is the problem, We are all so stuck on breeding with OG's!!! everything Og lol.. honestly there are too many og's with not enough variation to bare there own name if you ask me... I know little about breeding ( but i do know enough) I have a strain called "pappa bear" ( named after my late red nose pit "papa") its is a tribute to him and one of my favorite crosses ( bluecrack) it is Sweet dream X extreme green crack!!! just got the seeds and am waiting to see what I have, but honestly bluecrac is maybe my favorite strain I call it ( blueberry squirt lol) alot of awsome strains we have come from weird breeds of strains ( not conventional at all) but that seems to make the best crosses.. IMHO blue dream and Og dominate the fuck out of any cross, maybe we need to have a breeding contest and exclude these two strains and see what we get??? we as a community have to explore a little more if you ask me!!!! I know we are crazy with the crossing in socal but its Kush/og dominant, I think we all need to get to work and lets see what this next 12 months can bring us!!!! Oh yea i just recently met a guy named ' farmer bill" he claims to be the originator of "sfv og" I kinda believe him based off his backround and i ask what is the genetic other than og in that strain he said ' mexican sativa" I said " damm, that makes sense" he told me when he first arrived in socal ( from humboldt ) he noticed we had some super tall lengthy landrace strains and he said why not combine theese with our shorter bushy'r strains???? we need more ideology like this in my mind!!!!

jasongood31

jasongood31

I am a strain connoisseur I care about the culture way more than I care about capitilizing ( just how i am) I personaly think we all should become a little more open with all our genetics!!! I will never harbour a strain ( if i am not doing anything with it) I belive those genes should be in the hands of a farmer who can possibly create something "new" ( now i know if the guy who created og would have pattented it and kept it in house, he would own mmj right now) but he spead the strain and look where it is now for all of us!!! My buddy has a shit load of exotic genes right now and imagine if we could all post like a list of genes on our homepage and like a secret society we could reach out to thoose who have the genes we need for our ideal strain, not what you are able to get your hands on but whatever you can think to cross find who has it and goto work!!! Strains would be so crazy if you ask me

The HC

The HC

I am a strain connoisseur I care about the culture way more than I care about capitilizing ( just how i am) I personaly think we all should become a little more open with all our genetics!!! I will never harbour a strain ( if i am not doing anything with it) I belive those genes should be in the hands of a farmer who can possibly create something "new" ( now i know if the guy who created og would have pattented it and kept it in house, he would own mmj right now) but he spead the strain and look where it is now for all of us!!! My buddy has a shit load of exotic genes right now and imagine if we could all post like a list of genes on our homepage and like a secret society we could reach out to thoose who have the genes we need for our ideal strain, not what you are able to get your hands on but whatever you can think to cross find who has it and goto work!!! Strains would be so crazy if you ask me

You could make a formula for a weed variety but it would have too much variety to make a new strain.

Just like how Super Skunk, Master Kush and Hindu Skunk all are from the same recipe, but different strains.

I have a quick flowering sativa dominant hybrid. Completely unknown genetics, it's growing through mud as if it was loam and has trichromes on the leaves. I have access to 50 more seeds of it though, I know for a fact this is the world's greatest strain, I'm just waiting to smoke it already.

Latest posts

Top Bottom