• Start date
  • Tagged users None
DeepCoverInDisguise

DeepCoverInDisguise

Can't stop at just 1 thing........

1. The importance of dialing in the proper pH

2. The importance of having good genetics

3. Less is more with regard to fertilizer

4. Be proactive with bugs (use a preventative before you have a problem)

5. Solicit advice from proven growers only

I have 20 more items but that's a start.

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Can't stop at just 1 thing........

1. The importance of dialing in the proper pH

2. The importance of having good genetics

3. Less is more with regard to fertilizer

4. Be proactive with bugs (use a preventative before you have a problem)

5. Solicit advice from proven growers only

I have 20 more items but that's a start.
What do you use/do for bug prevention?

Sincerely,
A noobie

DeepCoverInDisguise

DeepCoverInDisguise

What do you use/do for bug prevention?

Sincerely,
A noobie

It really depends on a couple of things.........PureCrop1 is normally my go to but I have a new recipe that's probably better AND MORE EFFECTIVE. Use only up to 1st week in flowering:

Ingredients:

1. Dr. Woods Peppermint Castile Soap
2. Dr. Woods Tea Tree Castile Soap
3. 70% Alcohol (no higher)
4. Hydrogen Peroxide (1%)
5. Plain water

Mix 2 quarts warm water (not hot) with 1/4 cup Tea Tree Oil,1/4 quarter cup Peppermint Soap, 1 tablespoon peroxide and 1 cup alcohol. Over spray the shit out of everything. This is effective at killing every type of mite there is, including eggs. Use weekly (or every 4-5 days if you have a bad infestation). Lights must be off and room/plants MUST be cool. Don't run room fans for a few hours, but exhaust fan is fine. When everything is dry, you can put you lights back on. Room will have a wonderful peppermint smell for a couple of days, plants will look terrific.........

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

It really depends on a couple of things.........PureCrop1 is normally my go to but I have a new recipe that's probably better AND MORE EFFECTIVE. Use only up to 1st week in flowering:

Ingredients:

1. Dr. Woods Peppermint Castile Soap
2. Dr. Woods Tea Tree Castile Soap
3. 70% Alcohol (no higher)
4. Hydrogen Peroxide (1%)
5. Plain water

Mix 2 quarts warm water (not hot) with 1/4 cup Tea Tree Oil,1/4 quarter cup Peppermint Soap, 1 tablespoon peroxide and 1 cup alcohol. Over spray the shit out of everything. This is effective at killing every type of mite there is, including eggs. Use weekly (or every 4-5 days if you have a bad infestation). Lights must be off and room/plants MUST be cool. Don't run room fans for a few hours, but exhaust fan is fine. When everything is dry, you can put you lights back on. Room will have a wonderful peppermint smell for a couple of days, plants will look terrific.........
Awesome thank you so much for this info. Really helpful. One more question - when would you start applying this solution?

DeepCoverInDisguise

DeepCoverInDisguise

It depends on plant size and how far along they are. Under most circumstances, I start at the end of the 2nd week and spray thru the end of the 1st week in flowering.

One point that matters too is cost. Rather than spending ridiculous amounts of money on commercial products, this will give you gallons and gallons for less than $50. I also don't let it sit around long- use it all and any leftover should be thrown out. You want it fresh as possible because of the peroxide.

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Before you treat for something that is not there, what kind of bugs do you think you have @GalaxysEdge ?
Thats a great question. So @DeepCoverInDisguise stated that this was preventative.

I guess the better question is (which I am guessing might be debatable) should I do anything preventative if I see no signs of bugs/mold/mites?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Well, prevention is pre-event. So there is nothing wrong with some prevention. For me, I just want to make sure everything that goes in there is safe for the plants and us. I don't want to be smoking some agent purple or whatever the Army is using these days in my buds.
Just make sure your stuff is OMRI listed.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I wish I would have known how to save cuts when I first started. The hottest shit I ever smelled was from when I was younger it was back in the early 2000s. I grew out a Trainwreck that had a smell so wicked it would permeate the entire room. A stench so sharp and obnoxious that it would sting the nostrils. Nothing that I have smelled so far even comes close and thats roughly 20 years. Skunk/gas/black pepper rude as fuck. If I had a time machine and could go back and save that cut It would be incredible under my new Scorpion Diablo board that strain would be murder today. This aint no Skittlez and fruit. Everything now is fruity and watered down. The magic cut that got away I don't think I will ever find anything as close to the real thing and pure fire through your nostrils as that original Trainwreck 🔥 😵

DeepCoverInDisguise

DeepCoverInDisguise

Thats a great question. So @DeepCoverInDisguise stated that this was preventative.

I guess the better question is (which I am guessing might be debatable) should I do anything preventative if I see no signs of bugs/mold/mites?

The purpose of the preventative is so you don't see any signs of bugs/mold/mites.......... and don't forget the "Tanglefoot" at the base of every plant to stop anything from crawling up the stem coming out of the soil.

Top Bottom