What is the best 5/10 ton A/C? Where can I buy it for cash?

• Thread starter Bakedjon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bakedjon

Hello everyone. I am in the process of setting up a larger grow which will need 20 tons of a/c to cool. I was wondering what the best 5 ton or 10 ton systems are in your opinion and why. I am in nor cal where it freezes on the coast sometimes. so was wondering what I should do about that.... I think I saw excel systems for sale at west coast growers... Where else can you buy the systems in person?

J

Jalisco Kid

Google a/cs maybe throw multi-zones into your search. JK

G

Green Supreme

More is better. Working them at a lower level than max saves parts and maintenance. I would only consider the smaller if you say wanted a unit per room or something Peace GS

B

bdakind

excel broke on my boy and he lost his whole set up..Go with carrier or trane..Goodman are good for the money now, they used to suck.. Just make sure that you have enough hot air going to the intake so your coils don't freeze.. Since you are in a cold area I would air cool for some added protection against failure and run 4 5 tons for redundancy.

B

bdakind

you could also run a flip for your lights and your ac so then you are running half the ballasts and half the ac...just a thought, the down side to that would be the lack of redundancy in your ac...if one goes out and you are solely relying on it, you could lose it all of your work.. you could also get a temp controlled off switch that will turn your lights off if it gets above a certain temp..I have never had to run one (knock on wood) but they are a good idea.

J

Jalisco Kid

More is better. Working them at a lower level than max saves parts and maintenance. I would only consider the smaller if you say wanted a unit per room or something Peace GS

Not so true with a/c (unless using the new inverters) it is better to size your a/c so it is always running then cycling on and off alot. JK

C

ClimateControl

Yup, Inverters are the way to go. Most of the time a central ducted inverter is fairly costly, but the ductless mini splits are a little more affordable and easy to remove, clean, etc. They also have filters built in-which can be scented to help with odor. If you would like some more info, let me know:420:

Latest posts

Top Bottom