What is the Best light for taking pics in my flowering rooms?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I want to start taking pics of my plants in the flowering room. I have 4k in HPS lights so taking pics with those lights is a waste of time.
I would like to shut off my HPS lights and bring in a good light that won't affect the quality.
Any suggestions on what light I could use would be appreciated.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I want to start taking pics of my plants in the flowering room. I have 4k in HPS lights so taking pics with those lights is a waste of time.
I would like to shut off my HPS lights and bring in a good light that won't affect the quality.
I Use pro mode on my camera and adjust it to filter the light. I forget exactly what its called

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
can you move your plants to a table or out of the room? when lights just go off you could bring in a small light then snap pics with flash on the camera, not pro bud better than with lights on.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Software used after makes a difference as does equipment and technique when taking the shot. You haven't mentioned if you are using a phone or camera or ? Here is a shot taken with my Sony A7ii camera and Oshiro 60mm macro lens. It was taken under a burple light. Manual settings. Post processing done in ACDsee software.

First the shot I took using manual focus. Note I stayed fairly far back from the bud to take the shot. The depth of field (DOF) is a very short space which gets better if you stay back a bit. Then use the cropping option in the software to get the small section you really want. The White Balance option or many other color options let you play with colors later.

My "model" is White Strawberries from G13 Labs at about 3 1/2 weeks through flower.

DSC04776a
DSC04776b
Top Bottom