What is the Best microbial inoculants?

• Thread starter socks4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

Hey guys I was wondering what brand of microbial inoculants you guys have tried out and which you've had the best success with?

I have personally been using fox farms bushdoctor microbe brew and have been very pleased with the results I've seen so far but I'd love to hear from others about this topic and potentially expand my knowledge!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hey guys I was wondering what brand of microbial inoculants you guys have tried out and which you've had the best success with?

I have personally been using fox farms bushdoctor microbe brew and have been very pleased with the results I've seen so far but I'd love to hear from others about this topic and potentially expand my knowledge!
I’ve used FF microbe brew, still have a bottle in fact. I like great white shark myco, sprinkle on roots at transplant amend into new soil, and I’ll hit them with a bit during top dresses as well

P

PahPahCee

I stopped buying them. I’m all about being as cheap as possible. Wasn’t cost effective for me.

I started collecting my local microbes and made IMO. Results are fantastic and it cost nothing.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I stopped buying them. I’m all about being as cheap as possible. Wasn’t cost effective for me.

I started collecting my local microbes and made IMO. Results are fantastic and it cost nothing.
I have a big mix bin, when I finish up potting or top dressing I leave the remainder of the mix in the bin and add another 2 gallons of peat moss (my medium of choice) and let it sit closed, come back to top dress in a month and your medium has some nice white fuzz on top…. WHITE GOLD…. Mix that back in, add medium needed, top dress repeat, like one of those perpetual pots of stew in Asia that have been going for 100’s of years 😁

If I remember when I top dress next I’ll take pics if it’s extra fuzzy lol

MACD

MACD

Homemade from the forest in your area.

MACD

MACD

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I like Great White. It seems costly, but only a small amount is needed. I've also used Mykos. I can recommend either of them. The Great White can be top dressed, while the Mykos is supposed to be applied to the roots. So, the Great White is nice to have when I forget to use the Mykos when I transplant.
Great white goes a long long way, you can even make a permanent aerated culture brew with it and it will last like freaking long, smells like horse ass tho, I don't brew it anymore lol

B

brachtlikethat

JMS is my go to, but I take a few shortcuts. Instead of boiling potatoes I use the plain instant mashed potatoes, and put them straight in the water, no strainer or sock, and I don't cover the bucket.

simonkay

simonkay

B

BudzAldrin

Microbes are heavily over stated in Cannabis growing. None of you are growing in fields destroyed by half century of Monsanto practices right? Right. Buy peat moss, it's full of the right microbes. Buy manure, compost, you've got plenty of microbes. Leave the lid off your soil tubs now you got labs. Rinse your dirty dishes in your soil you've got super labs.

Please don't sell your dish water as super cannabis labs. This shit has gone way too far. The SOLE factor determining your microbial demographic are the plants being grown and the nutrients being used. All populations shift to meet the needs of nature,naturally. More food more microbes. Healthier plants, healthier root exudates.

simonkay

simonkay

Microbes are heavily over stated in Cannabis growing. None of you are growing in fields destroyed by half century of Monsanto practices right? Right. Buy peat moss, it's full of the right microbes. Buy manure, compost, you've got plenty of microbes. Leave the lid off your soil tubs now you got labs. Rinse your dirty dishes in your soil you've got super labs.

Please don't sell your dish water as super cannabis labs. This shit has gone way too far. The SOLE factor determining your microbial demographic are the plants being grown and the nutrients being used. All populations shift to meet the needs of nature,naturally. More food more microbes. Healthier plants, healthier root exudates.
I like the way you think but isn't most compost or peat sterilised when it's bagged, I figured that needs repopulating right

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Real growers recharge, great white, fish shit, Mammoth P. 🔥 don't need them all but one or two , used at the correct time, really helps with organic amendment grows to break down the food and have HUGE roots

P

PahPahCee

What?

How is peat moss full of microbes? A lot of peat moss is sterilized before being sold. Even if you do it right and buy the large bales of it, it is dried to a bone and I doubt there is much living microbes left.

Leaving your lid off your soil doesn’t give you LABs and Super LABs is made with spirulina.

B

brachtlikethat

Clackamas Coot was on the episode of High on Home Grown that I listened to this week, and he was talking about using dairy kefir as a source of different labs and fermentative yeasts, and that got me wanting to get some kefir grains and start milking the culture. I couldn't wait for an opportunity to grab kefir grains, and thought that the next best thing to grow labs and yeasts was to make something similar to a sourdough starter.

I mixed a cup of flour, a couple spoons of dry bread yeast, spirulina, pink salt, a couple drops of avocado oil, and undiluted JMS. Then I added a couple spoons of back to basics organic mix. Every few days I'll add some kind of starch and a little more liquid as needed.

It's definitely alive. No idea what the ratio of yeast to labs to mycos is and I'm sure it won't ever be consistent. The plan is to add a glug or two when I'm watering.

Top Bottom