What Is The Best Way To Dry Your Buds?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

So after trimming , my only option was to hang them to dry in the basement so unless we had super high humidity it would take 3-4 days before I tossed them in the jars at around 67 degrees RH and started the cure.
However now since I have downsized I now have the space to put in a tent for drying from day 1.
I can now add time onto my drying as I can now control my drying area RH.

Just wondering the best way to slow dry your weed is. R.H and temp and if i should keep a small 6" fan inside the. Tent size will be around 2' x 4'. I need to know what size humidifier , dehumidifier I need and master controller for the temp and RH. Am I missing anything?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

No fan in the tent, a fan in the same room as the tent circulating the air is all you need. Direct air will dry it too quickly and unevenly. Conditions should remain constantly somewhere within the following ranges, temperature should be between 65-75 degrees F, relative humidity should be between 45%-55%.

At temperatures lower than 65 degrees, drying time will be lengthened. At temperatures higher than 75 degrees, the heat will cause the outer portion of the bud to dry quicker than the inner part, and the taste will suffer.

At humidity levels lower than 45%, the bud will dry too fast and the taste will suffer. At humidity levels higher than 55%, the bud will take a long time to dry, and it will be prone to mold.

The longest dry you can get is what you are after, the slower the better but not going so long as to get mold. I personally like drying hanging the stalks from a string in a cardboard box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom