What Is The Coldest You Can Dry At ?

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

This is mostly hypothetical. I have a growbox in my garage and i live in Canada eh.

Shit is going to get cold out there in 2 months. I would like to dry in my awesome filtered growbox but what is the coldest you think you can dry at ?

I can dry in my tent which is in the house at 50% RH and 70 degrees with the lights off. Perpetual gardening is driving me for no other reason than I want to. So I am curious is there a calculation you can do ?

I feel my timber 200 going in my tent beside my 315 for the winter months and the reservoir is going out and I am rocking 4 in a 4 x 4 wall to wall :D

But I just hit some shatter and everything is making me think deep thoughts.

:)

Freshone

Freshone

I've dried in the 30-40s before,takes longer and you have to monitor moisture/humidity more.
The factors in drying are heat humidity and time,with alot of heat you don't need as much time and humidity is less of a factor.Without heat you have to increase the other factors.It will take more time and it helps if humidity is lower,whichever factors you have in your favor use them but the moisture does have to go somewhere and that's a slow process in the cold,good luck!

BudBogart

BudBogart

It will have a lot to do with how dry the cold air is. When it was rainy/cloudy outside, 40F, my garage dry HAD to be moved inside. They were not drying at all fast enough.

King Julien

King Julien

Honestly. I'd say that depends partially on the size of the buds. I wouldn't want to do a super slow low temp drying on some football colas or I'd be afraid I'd loose a chunk of them. I'd rather have things perfectly dialed in for monsters like that.

Otherwise you can technically freeze dry them if you've got the equipment. I'd bet it ruins their flavor though. It seems to do so to most other things.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

If you live in hell with pretty much no humidity year around... you just gotta get in in your bucket or jars in time.
I use a lil humidifier to keep it up..
last year I just let a few hang in my basement for 2 weeks and they turned out pretty good..
I didnt do anything for them. they jumped between 50 and 70 rh the whole time.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I use a lil humidifier to keep it up..
last year I just let a few hang in my basement for 2 weeks and they turned out pretty good..
I didnt do anything for them. they jumped between 50 and 70 rh the whole time.
You can dry and cure shit with a little dehumidifier. ..i like delonghi

Top Bottom