what is the difference between these products

• Thread starter Blue Garden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Blue Garden

does anybody see the difference between these products?

Beastie Bloomz 0-50-30 $26 for 1 lb

MKP 0-52-34 $12 for 1 lb

Cha Ching 9-50-10 $36 for 1 lb

10-50-10 (didn't see price listed)
http://www.kelp4less.com/how-to-mix/soluble-10-50-10/

ok, i've run a business in the past and had to market my product uniquely to jack up the margins several thousand percent. i'm seeing the same thing in the grow market. these products look the same to me.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

does anybody see the difference between these products?

Beastie Bloomz 0-50-30 $26 for 1 lb

MKP 0-52-34 $12 for 1 lb

Cha Ching 9-50-10 $36 for 1 lb

10-50-10 (didn't see price listed)
http://www.kelp4less.com/how-to-mix/soluble-10-50-10/

ok, i've run a business in the past and had to market my product uniquely to jack up the margins several thousand percent. i'm seeing the same thing in the grow market. these products look the same to me.

the difference is the source for the product. 26$ = less impurities/higher quality source.

12$ = more heavy metals and cheaper product

You will find that across all product lines, someone will always offer a cheaper price, should make you wonder how they do it. Well with fertilisers ^^^^ that's how it's done.

B

Blue Garden

how can you tell if there are impurities or lower quality? don't they usually source from the same places? I found this to be true when i was sourcing bulk supplements for my saltwater aquarium tank. the source that i ordered from said they supplied the major retailers who badged/marketed the same item i was getting for a fraction of the price.

budboy299

budboy299

MKP is by far the cheapest for one simple reason. It is readily available due to the agricultural marketplace. (farmers use this stuff by the ton!)

Also a bag of agricultural MKP (at least mine) is simply an ordinary bag from Haifa.
Beastie blooms, Moab, cha ching all have slick pictures designed to lure customers to their products with cool designs....sharks, exploding plants etc. A regular farmer would never be fooled into paying extra for the pictures.

If someone made a product called dinosaur buds 0-52-34, and only listed MKP as its ingredient...no one would buy it because we could simply buy MKP. BUT...call it something else and slightly change its amounts to 1-53-35 and put on a cool pic, then write how its a unique formula....watch how many of us run with our wallets open to buy the miracle booster!

Most other stuff like Beastie blooms, Moab, cha ching etc etc...are made up of several agricultural fertilizers in whatever proportions used to bring their final solution into the manufacturers target range. Generally in bloom boosters, the bulk of it is made up of MKP and then other fertilizer compounds are added in to get them to their end goals.

last time I bought a bag (50 lbs of MKP) it was $51.50

If your base nutrient profile is essentially a sound one....you can get away with simply adding MKP as your booster.

MOAB 1kg is 908.19 grams of MKP
90.81 grams of MAP
and 1.0 grams of thiamine hydrochloride Vit B1

That is how to come up with the 1-52-34 that is in MOAB The Vit B1 is supposedly in there as a stress reducer (but the jury is all over the place on if that truly works)
The MAP simply bumps the nitrogen a tiny bit...is it really needed if you nutes are already sound and you have enough nitrogen? Plus most farmers are trying to reduce their nitrogen at the time that a bloom booster is usually used.

The Original version of Hammerhead PK 9/18 says it is derived from "mono potassium phosphate, sulphate of potash".
Originally before the "labeling" change this was easily duplicated by:
78.2 grams of MKP
91.8 grams of potassium sulphate
the rest is water to make a 1 liter bottle

BUT be aware in these mixes there is no preservatives...so they can and will grow funky stuff. I just keep mine in the fridge with no problems

sky high

sky high

how can you tell if there are impurities or lower quality? don't they usually source from the same places? I found this to be true when i was sourcing bulk supplements for my saltwater aquarium tank. the source that i ordered from said they supplied the major retailers who badged/marketed the same item i was getting for a fraction of the price.

Here's a place to start, They do a fair job keeping up on the latest fads/etc.... (if it is sold in WA)

http://agr.wa.gov/pestfert/fertilizers/productdatabase.aspx

You should be able to find info on basic formulas as well as the purtier-labelled/cleverly-named products in the pot shops

Latest posts

Top Bottom