What is the genetic significance of three water leaves?

• Thread starter Rabbi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rabbi

I've only had this happen to me two time before but way Early in my Cannabis studies. But I popped a bean out 20 days ago and this particular one is a tripoilad.
It has three water leaves in stead of two, now I know there is some type of genetic specialty here, but does anyone know if its chromo is XX or YY or XXX or XXY I haven't been able to but it all together myself through the breeders bible or any other article Ive read searching for the answer.

The last time I got one was long before ARPANET or the Internet. So I went to my journals and seem like allot of growers were saying that "all its offspring will only be female" - from an old Shasta grower and MC racer JAWS. Any thoughts?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i don't know the significance, but i do know it will yield better. On a reg plant there is a bud-site on each side of the stem with these there is a bud site on 3 sides of the stem. i was thinking if you use some CS on the plant and reverse it, plant the seeds find the triploids(if any) reverse them use that pollen on the mom plant. maybe its a trait you could actually breed for and try to stabilize.

true grit

true grit

Riddle me this....took a clone from my OG and once rooted the clone appears to be a triploid but mom isn't??? Maybe I'm just tripping.

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Not sure about that true, but I just had a plant like this and I wish I woulda took note and known what Kidtwist just mentioned about the triple bud sites def woulda been nice to try and stabalize that trait..

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

There is a guy on ICMag that for a while was doing breeding projects with trifolates. A lot of peopel say that they will hermie on you but personally I haven't had that experiance. I am growing a violator kush trifoliate and have been running clones from her for the better part of the year. Her yield seems to be increases although I have never grown this strand before. I believe the true name is whorled phyolex...as the nodes kinda rotate around the branches. It's also called a genetic mistake but we all know that the best pot seems to come from those freaks of nature!!

Top Bottom