What is the smallest submersible pump I can use with a watering wand?

• Thread starter Hands On
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hands On

Hands On

Whats the smallest submersible pump I can use with a watering wand?

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

It all depends on how much water your looking to use in a reasonable amount of time. If your looking to use 4-5 gallons of water then I would think any of the $20ish pond pumps on amazon would suffice. If it is a whole lot more than that then idk but obviously it'll need to be bigger. I use a pump sprayer (without the spray head) for seedlings and it works great.

Hands On

Hands On

It all depends on how much water your looking to use in a reasonable amount of time. If your looking to use 4-5 gallons of water then I would think any of the $20ish pond pumps on amazon would suffice. If it is a whole lot more than that then idk but obviously it'll need to be bigger. I use a pump sprayer (without the spray head) for seedlings and it works great.

Thanks, I will look into a good one

Dbear180

Dbear180

I got a 1200gph & I use it for all kinds of stuff. Pumping waste water up 15 ft out of the basement. From my reservoir to my wand when I flush. Watering trees far away with waste water. & it's super fast at emptying an almost full 20 gallon shop vac after clean up. I think it was like $80-$100 totally worth it.

Hands On

Hands On

Im trying to find something smaller,I just need it on a short run

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Im trying to find something smaller,I just need it on a short run
1/75th hp pump has a head for 22ft meaning at 22ft High it will deliver water at capacity without loss of pressure, it’s ample to water at about 15gpm if need be and can be back pressured to 2gpm . So a small pump.

Hands On

Hands On

1/75th hp pump has a head for 22ft meaning at 22ft High it will deliver water at capacity without loss of pressure, it’s ample to water at about 15gpm if need be and can be back pressured to 2gpm . So a small pump.

Thank you

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Thank you
As long as it’s only feeding the wand and not running anything else , it’s small but works like a champ. Most small sump pumps are in that range and have a standard hose attachment. Or u can couple it down to 3/4” hose bib connection. Mine was a 11/4” which With reducing coupling I can attach a standard hose but if u look in the pump isle at Home Depot they have a bunch for hose connection and about 29$ or so. I use the pump to recirculate a nutrient solution reservoir.

Hands On

Hands On

As long as it’s only feeding the wand and not running anything else , it’s small but works like a champ. Most small sump pumps are in that range and have a standard hose attachment. Or u can couple it down to 3/4” hose bib connection. Mine was a 11/4” which With reducing coupling I can attach a standard hose but if u look in the pump isle at Home Depot they have a bunch for hose connection and about 29$ or so. I use the pump to recirculate a nutrient solution reservoir.

Thanks you

Galvatron

Galvatron

This pump from Harbor Freight works good for the price. It's not submersible but works fine for watering from a tank or reservior. It already has hose fittings.

Top Bottom