What is this bug?

• Thread starter Stumpy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stumpy

Hi,
I'm kinda new.. i'm on my 5 batch and all of a sudden (maybe coinciding with spring) my grow room has developed a bit of a pest. They seem to be reproducing quite a fast, before I take any action, I would like to try to identify what it is.

I took this picture using a macro lens attachment for my iPhone... so this is a bug about 1.5mm, it's very small. Can anybody tell me what it is?
What is this bug

soserthc1

soserthc1

alphids are small pear shaped soft bodied insects about 1-3mm long there are 1000's of species that vary in color from green to yellow to black or brown some have wings some are covered in wax or wool made from the webbing they secrete - common to all alphids is a pair of cornicles extended like tailpipes from there abdomen

would be my guess but you need to roll him over and look for those tail pipes and don't wait to long as they multiply insanely fast and are currently causing plants to dud all over , if it can't be controlled fast it is sometimes better to start over

S

Stumpy

I'm thinking about putting my vegging plants outside and cleaning out my closet. Should I take any additional precautions?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That looks like a teeny tiny beetle we see around here. I've never known it to cause problems. Have you tried whatsthatbug.com?

texasjack

texasjack

I've never seen 1 like that before. I'd like to know what it is.

S

ssteely71

Looks like a type of wood beetle, What is your medium?

soserthc1

soserthc1

Sup Sos :)
Is that what you think is causing the duds?
TBH - dude i'm really scratching my head at this point but my best guess is my heat and my bug condition combined halted my last crop halfway thou , i can trace it to either 1 particular bag of dirt i bought or a few elite clones i rushed into the kloner that spread bugs to the remaining plants .... kinda scratching my head as the bugs were really not noticeable to the time I decided to start shit over , now all the new seedling i transplanted yesterday are beautiful but the clones of the few i hada keep are funny looking or possible normal and i'm just tripping out here after that thread blew up but now i'm worried they will infect the new seedlings :( but I really would hate to just toss those without ever running to see what all the hype is .....

oh well flower is gonna be down for a few months but is what it is , just hoping this shit don't rear back up
hey some will say i suck anyway but never was big on what other thought ;) as long as i'm good in my head

but to some it up my shit appeared to hot and bugs were causing plants not to perform to their full potential and as apposed to fighting all summer long trying to eliminate the fuckers i chose to start shit back up , all good thou

be well my friend

S

Stumpy

Looks like a type of wood beetle, What is your medium?
My medium is soil.. but i'm in a closet. I do believe you are right. It's a wood beetle and although it wasn't good for my plants. I was able to kill them off by tuning on a fan in the room. For some reason they were attracted the wind and moved towards the fan, so I squashed them. They haven't come back. :)

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

I bought a cord of wood once that was infested with those damn beetles... they were everywhere but died when it got colder...

darwinism

darwinism

a beetle of some descriptions but with 400k+ species it'll be a push to identify it! where were they living? strange that a wood beetle would find their way into a grow room.

Top Bottom