What is this called

• Thread starter mMmTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mMmTHC

So I was looking for the best DWC.. So I came across this..Better then a bucket system that I was thinking and better then a tote idea..

Where can I buy something like this..? About to go search the net..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTQEUr6BkF0

any help would be greatful.. can i build this system cheaper then there asking?

M

mMmTHC

kind of but its a DWC system... They want 80 bucks for that one system i was just ooking at... I want/need a good DWC that can house 6/8 plants...totes are ok but sticking 2 plants will be croweded...and doing 5 gallon buckets would work better then totes..

I want to do a SOG with DWC..Trying to think of the best way to do it.,.

Thanks for posting bro

M

Malachi

That is an Emily's Garden system by general hydroponics they sell the 1-gallon Emily's Garden pots for like 2 bucks each. i am sure it wouldn't be hard to do a DIY with like a 12-pot system or something.

M

mMmTHC

true.. I just dont want anything crowed.. I just got in and had to trim some of the bigger leaf's bc they were blocking the other plants.. I love DWC the stems are sooooo thick and healthy.. So I would like just 1 bucket per plant.. Maybe I will just do single bucket DWC? Maybe I will take a ride up to the HYDRO place on monday.. haha..

M

Malachi

If you do a bucket style SOG they sell net-pots that fit the top of a 5-gallon bucket. You can set-up a recirculating DIY waterfarm type system very reasonable.

M

mMmTHC

alot of youtube right now lol.. the recirculating DIY might be the best bet for me.. I saw some with drippers i also need them?

M

Malachi

No, checkout the waterfarm system from General Hydroponics, they provide the directions on their site so you can see how it works, or look on here i am sure someone has done a DIY thread on buckets

M

mMmTHC

found this if anyone ever wants to do one.. Im doing this system..

I will be using a bigger tote that is about 30 or so gallons.. I will use this as my rezi where I can do everything. I will start a post.. Thank you for helping me with this..

M

mMmTHC

no dout man.. Instead of running each hose to each bucket.. I'm building the same way but 3 lines come out..

Each line will go to 4 buckets.. And will have Tee's and the last bucket will have a 90" elbow..THUS the last bucket..You can add on.. Also like it said on the bottom what if the roots get into the line where it cant return the water?
Well I will be using 3/4 hose just " INCASE " the shit clogs it will have a big enough hose to return the water till I catch what happen..So I wont have 30-40 gallons of water on the floor.. I will also use 1/2 to run to the buckets and my feed line will also be 1/2..

I will post pic's on this thread so i dont have to start a new one..

Also..I got homedepot buckets with lids..painted them white and black now just have to drill the holes.. Good luck

Top Bottom