what is this milky mold in soil?

• Thread starter anaissoto21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
anaissoto21

anaissoto21

Plants are in veg. The environment is dialed in, humidity is around 45-50% and temps are around 78-80F. I feed with several different microbes so I’m wondering if this is good fungi?

It looks like thick spoiled chocolate milk.

I use, mammoth P, Mykos, Recharge, and Fish Shit. Maybe I over did it?

What is this milky mold in soil
What is this milky mold in soil 2
WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

Man idk but it sure doesnt look appetizing thats fir sure!!!

Looks like maybe some kind of liquidy mushroom/fungus?
But it also looks like someone dumped a millshake in there too so idk man.
Crazy weird fosho

Z

Zill

Anais,

Congratulations you have created the perfect conditions, light, temp, water, soil for slime molds. They are interesting. These things only fruit after very specific environmental conditions are met.

There are several slime molds hardly any are plant parasites.

Zill.

Z

Zill

You’re good Bilber. These organisms are pretty interesting. I’ve got a few around my outdoor plantings. You can predict the fruiting. Once we get into the summer and it gets really humid and the nighttime temperatures remain at or above 70F the slimes get into fruiting.

anaissoto21

anaissoto21

So it is slime mold? Which is not a big deal? I think I’ll just scrape it out and see what happens. I hope this is a good thing.

P

Putthataway

Is that indoors and you are adding fish shit? Have ever taken care of a gold fish? You got to clean the shit and rinse the tank or bowl.

Z

Zill

Anais,

It’s a neutral thing. The SM is not a plant pathogen. It lives off all the organic matter in your soil. Soon after the SM finishes fruiting the slime will dry to cracker.

There is no need to use chemicals to control. SM is actually beneficial as it breaks down soil organic matter making waste products available to the plant.

Zill.

Top Bottom