What is this? Not sure its a spider mite...

• Thread starter altimood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altimood

altimood

I'm a fairly experienced grower. This bug survived two days of Mallet (high octane imid). Anyone got anything on this?

Anyway- maybe it just a mite, but I'm not so sure and two mallet treatments is HARDCORE.

Chobble

Chobble

It has eight legs so its most likely a mite. Whatever it is I already dont like the look of it.

Chobble

T

Thatgirl

Where on the plant are you finding them? If there are hundreds of them that just appear to be wandering around on your soil at fairly good speeds for such a little critter, and you are not finding any on the plant itself, and your plants seem to be doing fine, they are predator mites, very good things to have! However if they are on your plant, or clearly eaten your roots, then you do have a problem.

vaporedout

vaporedout

damn that thing is wild...... made me shiver just watching it move. dunno what you got. i was looking in my scope once and i had it on record and all of a sudden something walked right into my view then gone, it looked similar to that. does it have spots on its back?? the one i had did, it moved like a crab.

altimood

altimood

Nice call Thatgirl- my friend thinks its a pred mite too. Shit- should have saved some and bred them! Ya learn something new every day....

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I used predator mites and they were definitely a reddish color light that. Any signs of infestation or weakness on the plants?

outwest

symbiote420

symbiote420

Yea 'moods that looks like a predator mite to me as well, I had some on top of my soil when I had root aphids a couple years back, they survived a variety of treatments and they wiped out my RA infestation! Me and my buds love letting lose killer tri-packs, once they eat all the pest they start eating each other......good stuff!

henry

henry

pretty cool if you got a predator mite out of the blue. not so good you tried to kill it without even knowing what it was!

P

PBK206

I doubt that is a predator mite. Ask yourself, what does a predator mite feed on? Without a food source, there is no existing. Roots on the other hand are plentiful. AHHHHH!

Top Bottom