What is this on my leaves? Insects ? Or what

• Thread starter Growdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

I can use it once per week based on instructions, although I used it two days in a row and my plants look great so it seems pretty safe
Post a shot of some of the undersides of your leaves, when time allows...

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

They are just weeds. Finicky yes but they grow outside where it rains. It’s ok to spray in flower. Trick is to get them dry quickly after without light. Lots of airflow.

Growdog

Growdog

Got some pictures through the loupe on the newer growth seeing some spots but none of them are moving ?

9697C568 20C8 4375 8E9D 48E3E486E888
130708CF A2FC 4BE4 9DD7 CEDB35FE5562
5B98C899 4A42 40DF 9B6E 9FD01DAE928C
Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Just looks like new growth now. You’ll have to wait or clone a tester to find out. Don’t see any bugs

Growdog

Growdog

I lsted the most vigorous one but otherwise they’ve been growing decently but I still see signs of pests, I’m almost certain it’s hemp russests based on the twisted and light green growth, is it worth it continuing this through flower? It’s been about two weeks since I started seeing signs, and I’ve been using Mammoth CannaControl every couple days and it seems to keep the pests away enough to let the plants grow pretty good but I don’t think I can use this stuff in flower and would hate to go ahead and spend two months flowering these only to have them produce shitty flowers or something

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I lsted the most vigorous one but otherwise they’ve been growing decently but I still see signs of pests, I’m almost certain it’s hemp russests based on the twisted and light green growth, is it worth it continuing this through flower? It’s been about two weeks since I started seeing signs, and I’ve been using Mammoth CannaControl every couple days and it seems to keep the pests away enough to let the plants grow pretty good but I don’t think I can use this stuff in flower and would hate to go ahead and spend two months flowering these only to have them produce shitty flowers or something
It would definitely be non smokable if there were dead mites all over it. Knock em out b4 you start flowering.

Anthem

Anthem

Honestly, you are better off to cut your loses. Russets are up at the top of the list of bugs you do not want to have to deal with. I would cut my loses and take a preventative approach to prevent future outbreaks. I would start out by disinfecting the room. Next I would look up ideal living conditions for the little bastards and apply those conditions to my room. While looking up ideal living conditions I would double check the life cycle of the bugs. Run up to a couple days before they start laying eggs and than I would disinfect the room again. That way if any of the eggs hatched you can hopefully kill those off as well. Once you have them all died I would consider a IPM idea. I would start spraying insecticides around the outside of the grow house or building, not in the grow but outside around the grow. Some of the larger professional growers employ this approach. Nothing bad goes into the room but there is a barrier around the building that bugs do not want to cross.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Honestly, you are better off to cut your loses. Russets are up at the top of the list of bugs you do not want to have to deal with. I would cut my loses and take a preventative approach to prevent future outbreaks. I would start out by disinfecting the room. Next I would look up ideal living conditions for the little bastards and apply those conditions to my room. While looking up ideal living conditions I would double check the life cycle of the bugs. Run up to a couple days before they start laying eggs and than I would disinfect the room again. That way if any of the eggs hatched you can hopefully kill those off as well. Once you have them all died I would consider a IPM idea. I would start spraying insecticides around the outside of the grow house or building, not in the grow but outside around the grow. Some of the larger professional growers employ this approach. Nothing bad goes into the room but there is a barrier around the building that bugs do not want to cross.
I would one up that method and pest control every few days for two weeks.

Heynow

Heynow

Russets are a bitch.

You can flower them out, but you risk having them spreading everywhere.

I'd they were clones, thats how you got them...somebody gave them to you. Or you got them from a grow store. They are spreading up and down the east coast due to fuckers from Cali sending infected plants out here.

Depending on where you are (us or Canada) somethings will be unavailable to use or get.

Spray them daily with 2oz/gal flying skull nuke em...that will at least stop them, but you have to do it at least every other day until the end. Russets wipe out entire out door harvests in Washington, Oregon and Cali every year.

Long term solutions are limited, but they exist.

1) the true death nail to them is forbid 4f. That shit is deadly and would read up on it if you think you want to go that way.

2) conserve sc...11.9% spinosad a & d...The next best thing...super strong, will be picked up in a test up to 40 days. This should only be applied in veg. This is for MAJOR infestations.

3) flying skull nuke em @ 2oz/gal every other day and then Venerate xc by Marrone every 5th day....this option is omri listed, but you have to keep on it.

4) rip it down, bleach everything, through away every pot, tool, tray...basically the entire setup, and start over

You can also fight them with predators...call Arbico organics in AZ they will hook you up with those.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Grub grenades on Amazon I just ordered one last week. 5000 predatory mites $52 CAN but they set up in your house and grow. They seek and destroy a ton of pests. They sniff them out and eat them

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Canadian link

Grub Grenade - Beneficial Predatory Soil Mites - Natural Predators of Fungus gnats, Thrips pupae, diapaused Spider mite, Root aphids, nematodes, phoretic Mites, and More! (5000+ mites/200-500sqft)

Growdog

Growdog

Based on the fact that I didn’t grow from a clone and these are popped from seeds AND it was extremely cold out when I began this grow , wouldn’t the place to point fingers at be the grow shop? That must be where I got them

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

May just be your area too. Lots of products out there too. I’m stumbled onto a good long term preventative. I lived in a grow house for awhile and had dogs. Found out that vetkem area flea spray kills all bugs in the room you spray as well as residually for 6 months. I spray my tent my floors the cracks of the walls. Everything.

You have to remove plants from sprayed area prior to spraying or they will die.

then enjoy a clean grow area for 6 months

TSD

TSD

Based on the fact that I didn’t grow from a clone and these are popped from seeds AND it was extremely cold out when I began this grow , wouldn’t the place to point fingers at be the grow shop? That must be where I got them
Where did you get your soil? Could have been dormant in it.🤷‍♀️

wallrus246

wallrus246

I do then I wash off. I go one week neem one week Kangen 11.5. ph water. You could do same with neem and soap
is their something i can use week 2 of flower as a spray to prevent mold im close to the beach high humidity and in 50 to 78 degree weather

Top Bottom