what is this purple? not gens

• Thread starter Nukesrt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

It does look topped. Could be lack of nutrients caused a tip to die. I assume these are just sitting in peat?

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

Just my guess by looking... overwatering, possible root rot and resulting nutrient deficiencies. I would get them out of that wet peat and into some better aerated soil or coco so the roots get some oxygen.
will change them out tomorrow thank you

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

Just my guess by looking... overwatering, possible root rot and resulting nutrient deficiencies. I would get them out of that wet peat and into some better aerated soil or coco so the roots get some oxygen.
would i have to rinse off the peat completely ?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Aside from over watering, you have a few nute deficiencies that will disappear when you transplant to a larger container with good soil.

coherent

coherent

would i have to rinse off the peat completely ?

I had some seedings recently that actually looked worse than yours in jiffy peat pellets. I carefully removed the fabric and knocked away what peat/dirt I could gently. Then I rinsed most of the remaining peat away under the faucet. Replanted in coco/perlite and every one bounced back to healthy plants and did great. I figured they were going to die anyway, so what the heck. You may not want to take that drastic a measure, but it worked great for me.

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

I had some seedings recently that actually looked worse than yours in jiffy peat pellets. I carefully removed the fabric and knocked away what peat/dirt I could gently. Then I rinsed most of the remaining peat away under the faucet. Replanted in coco/perlite and every one bounced back to healthy plants and did great. I figured they were going to die anyway, so what the heck. You may not want to take that drastic a measure, but it worked great for me.
thats same brand i used.. last grow i planted straight into a 3 gallon and was told to start off smaller so i did and this was the result lol i already transplanted them into 1.5gal coco / perlite so hopefully they come back.. was honestly thinking of starting over

Last edited:
Nukesrt

Nukesrt

how long would it take for them to bounce back? just debating if i should just start over or not

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

okay so the plants look a loot better now except i have a different problem .. 🙄 i noticed gnats today when watering.. i dont think its bad yet as i only saw 1 gnat in 1 plant.. so i looked online and ordered neem oil.. how do i specificly go about using it ?

Top Bottom