What is this

• Thread starter Gunfanatic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

I thought mold at first. Then I saw what u see in the picture now I don't know. I will post the other pics let's see if that helps. I'm trying to help a fam frend on this.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Looks like mold to me.. I see no evidence of bugs?

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

No I lookd for bugs. None that I could see. It's a mold. What do you all think is the best way ok getting rid of it?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
As Tuku says, and then treat around the affected areas with some peroxide (if 3% I bet you can spray straight) and then a bit of isopropyl alcohol.

Are conditions so humid that it can grow that quickly? You may want to consider using an antifungal treatment, Actinovate or something like that.

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

i looked at it more and the rest of the plants. 2 of the 6 had the mold. They were pretty bad. So they got scraped. The others showed no sine of mold. So I advised that they stop with the humidifier and increase the air flow. Hopefully that will take care of the problem.
Thank you all for your input. It was all really helpful.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Cob web mold only thrives in environments where theres a lack of fresh air, to prevent this in the future make ssure the FAE ( fresh air exchange ) is not an issue :D

Thoth

Thoth

Cob web mold only thrives in environments where theres a lack of fresh air, to prevent this in the future make ssure the FAE ( fresh air exchange ) is not an issue :D

More accurately, it thrives in high CO2 environments. ;)

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

My thought is this.
Mold thrives in moist and little to no air flow environments. If u have mold cut one you can get rid of the mold.

At least in Colorado. We have a very dry climate naturaly. But if you know what ur doing you can have a hight hummidty and no mold. The secret is to have the air flow (intake and outtake) along with the air move ment over your plants. Keep them dry and have the moisture up in the environment is the science.

Top Bottom