• Thread starter Jokefox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jokefox

Jokefox

Current setup

220 watts from the wall of led
2x4 custom tent
Enough air to create alot of negative pressure.

Feeding with h and g nutes. Almost the whole like 35% strength
I was using 2.5ml per 2gallons water( where my problem may have started)

So my problem is i think i over used calcium and locked out my phosphate.
Here is two pictures of two sample leafs.
The odd thing is it only happened to one of my three plants. All same strain (white widow) all though this one is a week older then the other two.

What is this
What is this 2
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Looks like iron deficiency. Could also be a potassium deficiency. What are you feeding?

Jokefox

Jokefox

H and g.
But i was added 2.5ml of calmag per 2 gallons of water.

My hard water is 260ppm from the tap.

So maybe i over did calcium and locked out phosphate?
My run off is also 6.4ish with coco coir

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
When I've had this type of issue I like to give em a good flush I use hurcuclean then hit em with some OG Biowar seems to snap em back in due time.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Fe is immobile, will only occur at the top of the plant (not to mention its appearance is different from what's being shown on the one plucked leaf). K is mobile, though deficiencies tend to occur mid-plant. The two don't ever resemble each other.

@Jokefox -- You don't say what pH you're feeding at, nor how much run-off you're allowing. Also, please don't pull the leaves from the plant, where the problem is occurring is part of how we arrive at a diagnosis, EG, happening at the top of the plant/newest growth means immobile element problem, whereas lowers or mid-plant generally define mobile nutrient issues. You mention a run-off pH of 6.4 coming from coir. IME/IMO, coir pH ranges should be 5.8-6.2, usually 6.0 is the sweet spot for most strains. I don't use run-off to measure anything, I use the slurry method, but others do well using run-off. You also don't mention how much run-off you're allowing.

I'm not familiar with H&G, having never used them. Just looking at the leaf and being able to see top and bottom I can see you may have a problem with P utilization, but not knowing where from the plant this came from, nor being able to see the whole plant, makes further Dxing difficult.

IF the H&G feed or source water is already providing sufficient Ca & Mg (especially if at the appropriate ratio) then adding a cal-mag supplement may well have locked out P, though it seems much more difficult to do this in conjunction with source water. As can too high a pH range in the root zone. The odd thing is that in my experience a P issue tends to look very uneven and blotchy as it progresses, this isn't quite the same in appearance.

There's just a lot more that we should know here. Brand of coir, media pH, RH and temps as well as what stage of growth the plant is in, feeding and watering frequency, whether or not and how much run-off is being allowed (this is specific to coir).

Jokefox

Jokefox

Brand of coco is a brand a greenhouse next to my place sells.

I ph my water to 5.6
I water everyday. Feed feed water. Ill water 3 plants that are in 5 gallon buckets. I use 2 gallons total and get a gallon run off total.

Rh is 10%. Temps are 24-26 during the day
20-24 celcius during the night.
The one plant im having issues with was started on the 3rd of november. Started the other two on the 12th of november. All from seed.

The leaves in the picture were the very most bottom.

mandalaman

mandalaman

That looks similar to issues I was having with a high pH and rapid pH fluctuation.

Also, how's the humidity in the tent? With negative pressure I constantly have issues with RH (still having them).

Edit: saw the RH is 10%, when mine was that low I was having some issues. It may not be the issue, but it's probably not helping.

Jokefox

Jokefox

Im going to install a furnace filter on the tent in the next few days hopefully fix the rh thing.

Ive been also told to make sure my ph is 5.8 i was doing a bit lower so that may have not helped. Plus all the calmag overdose

Top Bottom