What is wrong with my plants?

• Thread starter FarmerTim420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

Can someone help me identify what's wrong with my plants? They are getting yellow starting from the middle of the leaves.

I am growing under a 600wt hps

Dwc bucket with 3 plants ( cotton candy kush, Original amnesia and purple wreck)

R.O water and Advanced Nutrients 3 part PH perfect technology.

I also tried to grow 2 plants in coco coir for the first time, they were planted a week after the ones in the DWC bucket but somehow they never grew.. I also don't know what I did wrong here, maybe the airpot where I put them from the start was too big? ( 1 gallon airpot)

What is wrong with my plants
What is wrong with my plants 2
What is wrong with my plants 3
What is wrong with my plants 4
What is wrong with my plants 5
What is wrong with my plants 6
What is wrong with my plants 7
FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

Growth has maybe slowed a bit but they are still growing, just not as explosive as before.. I don't know about the sulphur, as I said I'm only using the 3 part PH perfect nuts from AN and RO water with it.. maybe I'm missing calmag supplement because of the soft water?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Growth has maybe slowed a bit but they are still growing, just not as explosive as before.. I don't know about the sulphur, as I said I'm only using the 3 part PH perfect nuts from AN and RO water with it.. maybe I'm missing calmag supplement because of the soft water?

I would look round on here and find hydro guys....lotz of'em here....search recent posts in hydro threads...if you are using soft water. Thats got sodium in it. You got salt build up from that

We call that a high salinity..the coco needs to be moist. Not dry like that...timed feedings. Im sure someone will post if they dont....you can type an @ symbol and their handle and ususlly if they got time they respond. Search forums and look. Im soil...i should've read the post better peace

List temps day and night, temps of your water, ph, humidity, etc

Lotz of varibles folks need to answer ?'s or they have no idea

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
My first thought before I even read any replies was that.... That Coco looks dry...
I'm a first time grover just under two months into my first grow, but it is in Coco/Perlite and it is quite healthy, my advice would be to mix a medium/low nute/water but LOADS of it and water that Coco through, to the extent where you get afraid that you have over watered it (don't worry, you won't have, it's Coco)
Water it slowly to give the Coco a chance to absorb and start watering with nutes at least once a day and never let it go dry again.
You can water Coco to a 50% run off or more even without issues.

FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

My first thought before I even read any replies was that.... That Coco looks dry...
I'm a first time grover just under two months into my first grow, but it is in Coco/Perlite and it is quite healthy, my advice would be to mix a medium/low nute/water but LOADS of it and water that Coco through, to the extent where you get afraid that you have over watered it (don't worry, you won't have, it's Coco)
Water it slowly to give the Coco a chance to absorb and start watering with nutes at least once a day and never let it go dry again.
You can water Coco to a 50% run off or more even without issues.

Do you think I can still save the plants that are in coco? Or is it more of a waste of time? I wasn't even counting on them anymore 😅

FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

I would look round on here and find hydro guys....lotz of'em here....search recent posts in hydro threads...if you are using soft water. Thats got sodium in it. You got salt build up from that

We call that a high salinity..the coco needs to be moist. Not dry like that...timed feedings. Im sure someone will post if they dont....you can type an @ symbol and their handle and ususlly if they got time they respond. Search forums and look. Im soil...i should've read the post better peace

List temps day and night, temps of your water, ph, humidity, etc

Lotz of varibles folks need to answer ?'s or they have no idea

Hum I never heard about sodium build up.. and are you sure about the salt build up?

I don't think RO water builds up salts, it's more the other way around... Or am I wrong?
Can someone chime in?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Do you think I can still save the plants that are in coco? Or is it more of a waste of time? I wasn't even counting on them anymore 😅
Yes, just keep watering them, do it slow and a couple of times a day to allow the Coco to absorb water and get back to normal after having possibly dried out to much and don't be afraid of over watering, don't stop untill at least 10% run off.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Also, I forgot to say, you need to water the whole pot, not just around the plant. I know it sounds stupid and excessive but it is not, the plant needs that in coco for the root system to develop, don't forget that at least two thirds of the plants early life happens below ground and builds it up for a stronger plant above later.
Keep the whole coco pot moist at all times and your plants will love you.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Lol...though you statd above "soft water" maybe you are saying your RO is soft water? In aby case ro is ro. Soft im used to seeing as softener salt water...

If you're concern is salts in coco then i can say mostly it gets rinsed and squeezed so much it loses most of its salt content.......

Hum I never heard about sodium build up.. and are you sure about the salt build up?

I don't think RO water builds up salts, it's more the other way around... Or am I wrong?
Can someone chime in?

FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

Yes I meant RO water.

How do I add salts to the water then?

FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

Does anybody know what's wrong with my hydro plants and why the new growth is coming out yellow starting from the center of the leaves?

FarmerTim420

FarmerTim420

I don't get it.. why are we talking about salts? Do I have a salt problem? I'm sorry but I'm confused

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Latest posts

Top Bottom