What is wrong with my plants?

• Thread starter VapeIt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i agree on your point about the fertilization farmerjohn you are right on the money telling him to feed less. i said it in my post before this one. I just know that leaf and that kinda weird cardboard looking color burn on the edges and the light coloring inside. in the last set of pics i see a nitrogen toxicity starting, the plants to the right you can see the leaves start to claw up top. and the bottom look like they may have dried out a bit. that kinda lifeless hanging the leaves are doing.

when you get it cleared up you will notice the new growth up top will just be green on the stem and leaf stems. your old growth will still have the purple lines in it.

"Through his investigations into plant requirements von Liebig postulated what is now known as the Law of the Minimum, which states plant growth is controlled not by the total of resources available, but by the scarcest resource or limiting factor. The following aphorism sums it up nicely: “The availability of the most abundant nutrient in the soil is as available as the availability of the least abundant nutrient in the soil.” So basically there needs to be balance amongst the elements in order for them to be relevant to plant growth."

V

VapeIt

Sat night update.
I skipped any watering yesterday.
Today I watered with PH 6.0 RO water and CalMag+ 5mil per gallon.
I also made a 1/4 strength foliar CalMag+ solution that I sprayed on the leaves.

I will skip watering tomorrow and see how they look.

Does anyone know why the tips curl up like a old time mustache?

These pics are after 1 day of not watering (this morning)
Those are water drops on the leaves and not holes.

If anyone sees any new problems, please let me know.
Hopefully less nutes, less watering days and adding CalMag+ will do the trick.

Please remember not all 24 plants are looking like this. 12 of them seem pretty healthy.

Thanks again.

SSPX0469
SSPX0473
SSPX0470
V

VapeIt

So far:
Fri - No water
Sat - PH 6.0 water with Cal-Mag+, foliar calmag+
Sun - No water
Mon - half the plants needed a little water.
Tue - Water with 1/2 strength Coco A&B, CalMag+

The tips are still having trouble and the color is not as dark I think they should be.
Whole leaves quit turning colors on me though.

Here are some pics from today.

SSPX0481
SSPX0482
SSPX0483
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
they look tobe from the last pic like they are turning around. you wont see the old leaves get fixed but you will see new growth come out better.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

I do not get any runoff and the coco is pretty dry.

Yer troubles begin here. Seamaiden hit on it. Another way is to feed full strength, but only every other or every third feeding. This way is a little trickier and takes more experience reading plants IMO, but it works fine too.

Flush with Clearex. You have a buildup going on and you need to get your rootzone cleaned up a bit. Go for the run off route.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

If you're letting the coco dry out completely between feedings/waterings, and you're not feeding/watering to the point of run-off, my guess, based on very limited experience, is that you've got a build-up of nutrients in the media. Personally, I would recommend a flush with RO water one day, then start feeding again with lower dosing rates (for instance, if you use 5ml/1tsp of Canna A, then cut it down to 2.5ml/1/2tsp.

Not trying to be nitpicky, and maybe I dunno what the fuck I am talking about 'cause I am a multiple time college dropout, but it is less about left over nutrients and more about nutrient salt build up upon complete dehydration.

That is why I suggest using Clearex and not just RO water. Clearex will flush out nutrient salt buildups. I also don't have a problem nuting full strength after a flush. I don't know why that idea is around, I think Botanicare was behind it, but I don't run partial strength after a Clearex flush in pure hydro or with mums in peat/per/ver mixes.

Great advice though Seamaiden, not rying to pick apart our post.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not trying to be nitpicky, and maybe I dunno what the fuck I am talking about 'cause I am a multiple time college dropout, but it is less about left over nutrients and more about nutrient salt build up upon complete dehydration.

That is why I suggest using Clearex and not just RO water. Clearex will flush out nutrient salt buildups. I also don't have a problem nuting full strength after a flush. I don't know why that idea is around, I think Botanicare was behind it, but I don't run partial strength after a Clearex flush in pure hydro or with mums in peat/per/ver mixes.

Great advice though Seamaiden, not rying to pick apart our post.
No worries, CJ, I'm not one to get my panties in a bunch when something I write is being examined. Keeps me on my toes, and hell, I might learn something in the bargain! That said, I'm not sure I'm picking up what you're putting down here with regards to the difference between "left over nutrients and more about nutrient salt build up upon complete dehydration." Some may holler, "SEMANTICS!" but that was the one English course I almost failed for just not getting it.

In fact, in doing even more reading and talking with other coco growers, I ended up buying some FloraKleen (sorry, the Botanicare product is a lower usage rate and was better priced!) so that I could better flush in between feedings. Hopefully my understanding of how it works and what it does is on target.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

That said, I'm not sure I'm picking up what you're putting down here with regards to the difference between "left over nutrients and more about nutrient salt build up upon complete dehydration." Some may holler, "SEMANTICS!" but that was the one English course I almost failed for just not getting it.

Semantic point taken. I guess my main point was advocating a flushing agent with the RO water was all, getting to a cleaner slate in the rootzone.

I ended up buying some FloraKleen (sorry, the Botanicare product is a lower usage rate and was better priced!)

I dunno why I am hung up on Clearex as I sure am not hung up on Botanicare in general. I should give FloraKleen a shot considering I use thoer Flora series as my base and like GH products.

Cheaper is good.

V

VapeIt

Update: I may or may not have had PM, but I defiantly have Spider Mites now. I got a spray from the hydro shop and will apply it tonight.

Another thing that may be wrong is that they are too crowded and my floro light may not be enough light.

My new room is almost ready, they will have more room and much more light. They got bigger in this tent than I had planned. The new room is taking too long to build.

I will try Clearex or Floraclean soon.

Thanks.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

PM ya say?

Dutch Masters Zone: 25mL/gallon

Dutch Masters Penetrator/Saturator: 240mL/gallon

Bye the fuck bye PM. I can't take credit for the recipe, but I am spreading it around like hell. Got a couple grow stores hooked and spreading it too. No more PM in the High Desert dammit.

Foilar feed larger plants. Fully immerse fresh cuttings, small veg plants, etc. No more PM. Gone. Done. Finished.

Kills live mites for sure as well. Pretty sure it knocks out eggs, but haven't done any of that scientifc shit, just my observations and conclusions.

Top Bottom