What is wrong

• Thread starter Abel2fly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Abel2fly

Abel2fly

What is wrong here 😭it’s my first time growing and I can’t tell what’s wrong.

I use black and gold soil and have not started nutrients, I’m in the California valley and it gets hot out here

What is wrong
Dr.B

Dr.B

Heat stress by the looks and sound of it. Try working it into the sun a half an hour a shot then back to the shade until it perks up. Just needs hardening.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How do I get the humidity up ?
Well if it was me I would keep it inside until you see some roots. Small cfl, florescent or led light. Very little. Depending on what the humidity is you may want a dome or partial dome over it. Can use a cut 2L bottle if it's needed.

Last edited:
Abel2fly

Abel2fly

Well if it was me I would keep it inside until you see some roots. Small cfl, florescent or led light. Very little. Depending on what the humidity is you may want a dome or partial some over it. Can use a cut 2L bottle if it's needed.
Thank you for helping bro you’re awesome. I don’t have lights, I have a greenhouse but it is way to hot for the plants would it work if I put a 2L bottle and kept them in the shade ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you for helping bro you’re awesome. I don’t have lights, I have a greenhouse but it is way to hot for the plants would it work if I put a 2L bottle and kept them in the shade ?
It may... I can't say for sure do you know the humidity? If outside in heat your probably going to need some ventilation even with a dome. Clipping off 2-3 of the nubs on the bottom will probably so it. Then open it once a day. You don't want condensate on the leaves. If you are getting that then you need more air

Abel2fly

Abel2fly

It may... I can't say for sure do you know the humidity?
I don’t know exactly but Ik it’s very low based on how hot and dry the air is. Also how often do you recommend I water? I’m sorry I know i am asking a lot.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don’t know exactly but Ik it’s very low based on how hot and dry the air is. Also how often do you recommend I water? I’m sorry I know i am asking a lot.
Soak the cup don't let it dry out and the very first nub you see at the edge stop watering and let it dry well before watering again. In most cases you soak it once and let it dry out and should see root before it does.

Honestly I would do this inside on a window sill. Where the temps are more reasonable

Abel2fly

Abel2fly

Soak the cup don't let it dry out and the very first nub you see at the edge stop watering and let it dry well before watering again. In most cases you soak it once and let it dry out and should see root before it does.

Honestly I would do this inside on a window sill. Where the temps are more reasonable
Ok I’m going to move it to a window sill. Thank you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Knew I was forgetting something! 💡
I do it all the time bro... You help a lot of ppl it's only bound to happen to miss a tiny detail here and there. We only human and you do loads of help here.

euphoria526

euphoria526

might want to cover the clear plastic cup also, could just throw that into a solely colored cup.
im sure more experienced people here can correct me if im wrong, but that might damage roots (when the become more abundant anyways lol).
I feel your pain OP, im also in the valley, with little control over much of my environment. In the past with seedlings that needed it, i used a ziplock bag and took it off for a few hours a day, although your cutting looks to be a bit big for that method.

Top Bottom